Article on The Fridays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was about to chuck the CTC magazine straight into the recycling, as I tend to do, when this caught my eye. An article on The Fridays.
Cycling June/July 2024

Attachments

• Fridays_p1.jpg
    Fridays_p1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 70
  • Fridays_p2.jpg
    Fridays_p2.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Fridays_p3.jpg
    Fridays_p3.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 71

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I really fancy doing a ride like this from Shrewsbury to Barmouth. Distance-wise it's about right but you won't find many (if any) all night amenities on the way.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
That‘s about my night ride! :blush: Hopefully be back in the calendar next year. The Cambridge south railway engineering works are causing havoc with Saturday trains.

edit: it’s causing problems for those travelling up from south of Cambridge for the ride. It starts from Ely Cathedral at midnight.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
I've liked the idea of night riding for years. Now I've retired, I'm planning on doing some during a full moon to make it more interesting.
Saw the same article and it's a nifty idea, but as they say, don't drive any distance after the ride, and Cambridge is at least an hour & a half from Norwich. :dry:
And I don't really fancy wasting a day sleeping in Cambridge. :laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've liked the idea of night riding for years. Now I've retired, I'm planning on doing some during a full moon to make it more interesting.
Saw the same article and it's a nifty idea, but as they say, don't drive any distance after the ride, and Cambridge is at least an hour & a half from Norwich. :dry:
And I don't really fancy wasting a day sleeping in Cambridge. :laugh:
There are trains between them.

Read this last night, paints a very welcoming picture. I'll have to investigate wether I can do one.

Top Bottom