Anyone else spent ages waiting for "hot weather"to ride in then find it's too hot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lance Jack

Über Member
Having started with a hybrid and joined CC I wanted to move onto a road bike. Been planning to get a Boardman Road. Comp, had to wait until Halfords got one ine which took a month. Did four miles on it and realised it had not been set up properly (gears). Once that was sorted I went on a course with work where I broke a rib, now been off sick for five weeks and looking at this weather think I should be out in that.

brand

Having started with a hybrid and joined CC I wanted to move onto a road bike. Been planning to get a Boardman Road. Comp, had to wait until Halfords got one ine which took a month. Did four miles on it and realised it had not been set up properly (gears). Once that was sorted I went on a course with work where I broke a rib, now been off sick for five weeks and looking at this weather think I should be out in that.
Where do you store your bike in the UK when you are in barracks??

Lance Jack

Über Member
Where do you store your bike in the UK when you are in barracks??
Well, I am a reserve now having done a "few" years as a regular. So, my bikes are at my home address. When I was a regular I used to keep my bike, a cheap mountain bike from a mate, in the block with me. Some barracks cover a huge area and getting round on a bike is a lot easier. One of the biggest bases I was at was RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, saved a lot of time going to the beach, I mean working, that way. The military do not sponsor the Cycle to Work scheme so it was only as I turned civvy I was open to spreading the cost and appreciate a decent bike compared to what I was riding.

brand

Well, I am a reserve now having done a "few" years as a regular. So, my bikes are at my home address. When I was a regular I used to keep my bike, a cheap mountain bike from a mate, in the block with me.
In the block? Very reasonable of them to let you. By your bed? Can't think of anywhere else I could have put it when I was a squady

Big Nick

Yeah I found it too hot last Saturday, only did 15 miles on the mtb but was wringing wet through from sweat when I got home!

Yesterday was brilliant though, a lovely mainly sunny day with a cooling gentle breeze and clouds passing occasionally switching off the suns heat from time to time!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
The heat hasn't affected my rides really. In fact, I did a whole load of PB's on my local loop the other day and the temp was about 28/29 degrees. I'm fine as long as I've got water.

Lance Jack

Über Member
Long time since I was in so maybe more to with that?
In Cyprus they have had a massive building programme. Each soldier/airman has a purpose built single en-suite room with air con and wi-fi. As the army is modernised everybody should get the same instead of adapted rooms they have now.

brand

In Cyprus they have had a massive building programme. Each soldier/airman has a purpose built single en-suite room with air con and wi-fi. As the army is modernised everybody should get the same instead of adapted rooms they have now.
So not 8 to room anymore! About time.

Lance Jack

Über Member
Top Bottom