Aldis cycling equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I think the waterproofs work really well

fad91d20-d22c-11ed-8a75-0210609a3fe2.jpg

teeonethousand

I brought the frogs eye lights, £2.99 for two not been overly impressed with them. Battery life seems rubbish

To be fair...at £2.99 for two you should have seen that coming 😂

Aldi cycling products are so hit and miss that I have not missed checking then out for the last two or three years. Glad some get benefit from them but I have too many Aldi clothes with split hems or other items that just were useless. Lights that look like Moon branded lights as in a copy. When they first came out they were almost as good. Then later years the Moon copies were only copies in looks and whilst appeared good they just did not work out for long. Things like taking a lot longer than Moon originals to charge (one set of lights took two days to fully charge) or just dying after a few months of actual use. These were the higher priced aldi lights so I expected better.

When I first started shopping at Aldi cycling kit was half decent. I think about two years of sales and then they went so far downhill I stopped bothering. I think Lidl kept the qualityh a bit longer but there was not one anywhere near me so a special visit to find out they had sold out was a waste of time.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I would say the opposite is true @Time Waster ...my Moon Meteor flashes for a recharge within minutes of being fully charged whilst my aldi light is as good as new after god knows how many years. The Moon is older but the Aldi light has has much more use over the years.

I would say the opposite is true @Time Waster ...my Moon Meteor flashes for a recharge within minutes of being fully charged whilst my aldi light is as good as new after god knows how many years. The Moon is older but the Aldi light has has much more use over the years.

Well that is not my experience or rather my partner's experience with her moon meteor, bought decade or so ago so old tech. only a few years before the aldi light that failed quickly and another year pr so before the front light I bought ass a back up from Aldi that takes two days to charge when I last used it.

albion

Guru
Tell Panorama about it.
Lucky it is not Tesco or even worse, Asda.

Sainsburys lights my way.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
My experience is it does the job I need it to. The toolkit I've had for a couple of years is fine, the work stand does its job well and the waterproof stuff keeps the rain out. Personally I won't buy big brand if cheaper stuff does the job. Used day in, day out I've got and am getting more than my moneys worth. Maybe lucky who knows.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Of the one or two items I've bought in the past - good for the money but not great overall; which I find is pretty representative of all of their "middle aisle" stuff.

Generally unless there's one specific item I know to be great I just steer clear of this sort of stuff now as I'd rather pay more and get better than mediocre.

Top Bottom