Age at Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis and life expectancy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Pre diabetes here 73......so far so good

I don't think they called it that in 1973 ;)

CXRAndy

Guru
When the Doner first took off, you could, on a budget, buy a salad veg kebab for 50p.
Lotsbof chilli eauce

To be fair to Diabetes UK they actually funded much of the Newcastle research.
Unlike big pharm they were not seeking a billion dollar pill regime.

Even the NHS can't get the fundamentals right.

1000016399.jpg

Eating fruit and carbohydrates rich food like pasta, rice. Certain vegetables are also quite high in carbs so best avoided for leafy green vegetables

reducing fat is not the the correct advice for those in diabetes or pre diabetic.

Low carbs, high fat diet is the recommended diet plan.

That means reducing fruit (fructose) and high carbohydrate food like rice pasta, root vegetables etc

Eat more high fat dairy, cheese, full fat milk, natural yoghurt. Have fatty meats, and brown fish.

Supercharge the diet benefits by extending the fasted period(intermittent )allowing the blood glucose level to drop in the fasted period.

Exercise to use up the excess glucose in the blood stream and increase metabolism helping keep spikes of glucose to a minimum.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Even the NHS can't get the fundamentals right.

View attachment 750485
Eating fruit and carbohydrates rich food like pasta, rice. Certain vegetables are also quite high in carbs so best avoided for leafy green vegetables

reducing fat is not the the correct advice for those in diabetes or pre diabetic.

Low carbs, high fat diet is the recommended diet plan.

That means reducing fruit (fructose) and high carbohydrate food like rice pasta, root vegetables etc

Eat more high fat dairy, cheese, full fat milk, natural yoghurt. Have fatty meats, and brown fish.

Supercharge the diet benefits by extending the fasted period(intermittent )allowing the blood glucose level to drop in the fasted period.

Exercise to use up the excess glucose in the blood stream and increase metabolism helping keep spikes of glucose to a minimum.

Yep, I wouldn't go full on Atkins stylee but cutting down on Bread and Spuds is healthier, I eat mainly Wholegrain Rice anyway.

CXRAndy

Guru
Indeed, when I was at School in the 60/70's there were 2 or 3 'Bunters' as we called them, nowadays they wouldn't even register amongst the throng.

Talking of overweight or obese. Back when JFK was President, the percentage of population that was obese was around 15% now USA has around 45-50% Obese.

There was a program for school kids before and during JFK term which promoted high levels of physical fitness.
How many kids today could complete the basic exercise moves in JFK project-not many I reckon
https://physicalculturestudy.com/2018/04/03/jfks-fitness-programme-1961-1962/?origin=serp_auto

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Talking of overweight or obese. Back when JFK was President, the percentage of population that was obese was around 15% now USA has around 45-50% Obese.

There was a program for school kids before and during JFK term which promoted high levels of physical fitness.
How many kids today could complete the basic exercise moves in JFK project-not many I reckon
https://physicalculturestudy.com/2018/04/03/jfks-fitness-programme-1961-1962/?origin=serp_auto

That was only so he could send them to Vietnam. :sad:

CXRAndy

Guru
That was only so he could send them to Vietnam. :sad:

That may be so.

Imagine though if these types of fitness programs were promoted from an early age throughout schooling into early adulthood, far less health problems there would be, less costs economically to the state.

Physical fitness is looked at as a dirty word in schools, has been for decades.

Gunk

Guru
My Dad had type 2 diabetes diagnosed in his 30's, he wasn't that over weight either, he didn't stick to any strict diabetes diet and he lived until he was 79. He eventually needed daily injections to control his sugar levels.

With a healthier lifestyle he probably could have lived much longer and with better health.

My father was diagnosed with T2D in his early 50’s he lived his whole life eating far too much saturated fat, sugar and salt and was about 4 stone over weight. He died last year at the age of 88. We couldn’t believe he lived that long.

Top Bottom