A couple of kitchen questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
I will concede that in our house, i'm the only one who is allowed to sharpen as MrsStan puts a different edge on when she uses it.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Blimey loads of views to read through here:smile:

I`m now tied between induction and gas, my current cooker is halogen and although I`ve got used to it it`s a bloody nightmare, pans take ages to boil and once they do there`s no stopping them, the contents either burn or boil over!

Mixed reviews on the worktops and some good points, might re-think that and see what else is out there.

Just another quick question for the kitchen fitters here - does a double "built under" oven need a cabinet? I`ll be using the 600mm space where my cooker is now, but not sure if these ovens need a cabinet or just stand on their own feet which are then hidden by the plinth?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nah, you want a steel, it's real!
steel.jpe
Miss Goodbody has an implement similar to that., But hers is shorter, squatter, made of rubber, and makes a buzzing noise.

Blimey loads of views to read through here:smile:

I`m now tied between induction and gas, my current cooker is halogen and although I`ve got used to it it`s a bloody nightmare, pans take ages to boil and once they do there`s no stopping them, the contents either burn or boil over!

Mixed reviews on the worktops and some good points, might re-think that and see what else is out there.

Just another quick question for the kitchen fitters here - does a double "built under" oven need a cabinet? I`ll be using the 600mm space where my cooker is now, but not sure if these ovens need a cabinet or just stand on their own feet which are then hidden by the plinth?

Yes they do. They normally sit on a shelf within the cabinet.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Have you considdered a range oven?
Free standing and some good quality ones about

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Range cookers like Aga and shïte are great if you're a posh middle-class nobber, but for practicality and cooking decent stuff they're rubbish. Granite is still really heavy.

My builder had to ring up for re-enforcements to carry the granite slabs up to me flat 5 burly blokes only just manages a 3m slab.

My kitchen is maybe a bit bigger than speccy's but I decided I could spare 1000mm for a range type cooker. ie a heavy looking good class normal cooker, not an Aga or suchlike. The 900mm ones are cooker-and-a half wide and it is nice having the extra width

Top Bottom