205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Anyone else having trouble with the tracking map? The place names are missing, tried twice today. We have another chance of seeing Steve this weekend but will obviously need to know where he is.
Zoom in to see placenames. Not sure why it's changed. I'll ask.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
More equipment failures for Kurt and his crew.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think Kurt and Steve will be on the same distance covered in around 92 days if their current averages are maintained, which will be the 9th May. I stand to be corrected on this though :smile:
However going by the article posted by Ian I'm expecting to see something quite extraordinary from Steve when the weather improves and we'll see how Kurt responds to that, not suggesting that whats been done so far isn't absolutely extraordinary of course.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
They should take him off now, there are several people on here who have done more miles than him so far this year
You're absolutely right Mr Leeds, there are some that have done an awful lot more than him so far this year, mentioning no names.*

*I'm talking about you!

Zoom in to see placenames. Not sure why it's changed. I'll ask.
Nothing showing on the map at all now, I don't think it's at my end.

Cracked it! No, not the map, caught up with Steve at the Windmill cafe 7 miles north of Oakham and we rode with him for the best part of an hour, we have quite a few mutual friends in tt'ing and long distance cycling so we took it in turns to ride and chat with him. We took a few pictures which I will post up shortly in "Your ride today" in the cafe. It is possible we may be able to ride with him again tomorrow.

Top Bottom