205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Up and cycling again after early traffic problems.

He's trundling north west on the edge of the Cotswolds.

Host booked in Worcester tonight.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Apols if this is already buried somewhere in the thread, but is there any way of finding out his route plans? I'd like to ride out and cheer him on if poss? (without obv getting in the way :smile: ) Guessing it will revolve around what the route manager decides re-weather, hosting etc, but maybe there's a sort of rough plan somewhere?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Apols if this is already buried somewhere in the thread, but is there any way of finding out his route plans? I'd like to ride out and cheer him on if poss? (without obv getting in the way :smile: ) Guessing it will revolve around what the route manager decides re-weather, hosting etc, but maybe there's a sort of rough plan somewhere?

There isn't a plan as it's all down to many factors. Weather today is a good example, he has already changed his route due to traffic and ice and also has to take into account that nights host if their is one.
You can get a good idea by going to Steve's website and checking out the hosting page to see where he will be heading to.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

If you look on the calendar part of his website you can see if there is a host booked for a particular night, and where that host is.

http://oneyeartimetrial.org.uk/calendar#year=2015&month=1&day=20&view=month

Edit: crossed with Ian (above).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here's the Progress website set up by the wonderful Jo from the other place. It will give you this to have a look at.

upload_2015-1-20_12-34-37.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Riding with Steve is no problem, several have already done it.

No worries about speed for most of you.

According to the blog I posted earlier, Steve rides to a heart rate, so climbs quite slowly.

The flipside is he takes full advantage of gravity, so descends quickly, which is where he would lose me.

In other Steve news, a member in the other place has designed a stripped down tracker.

Might be handy if you want to follow him via the web on a smartphone - no worries about downloading third party software.

http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Here's the Progress website set up by the wonderful Jo from the other place. It will give you this to have a look at.

View attachment 77435

Great link to the website thank you whoever built that. Frustratingly for me, Steve keeps passing within a mile or two of the village I lived in for 14 years up until 3 months ago.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Seem's Kurt 'Tarzan' had a pretty tough days riding yesterday. Reports of 3 punctures, 2 off's and bad driving. 179 miles

oyttDay20.png

Top Bottom