Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Welcome

welcome to the group.:okay:
As we are on TT bikes there won’t be any benefit for us riding as a pair together because of the drafting being removed.
I bet you will be faster than me so go for it at the start and I’ll probably try and hang on..

That old chestnut... ^_^ I'll be trying to hang onto your wheel lol

And cheers for the welcome!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Welcome along to the group ,don’t stop till the finish line but there is also a blue gate after the finish line that once you go threw indicates you have finished the cycle chat meet up

Blue gate? Check.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
oh and tommy - I had a cold

There you go mate 👍

peterob

Veteran
I found that extremely tough tonight. Well done everyone who turned out :okay:

I got stuck at the start (power wasn't reading) and probably tried a bit too hard initially to catch up but didn't real feel on it. Think I need a few days rest :rolleyes:

Are we using this segment? https://www.strava.com/segments/16982511. My time was 34:49 if so.

Who crossed the line first?

Last edited:

Freelanderuk

Über Member
Well done all ,very hard tonight

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I'll stream the pain - feel free to watch.

Bugger, I had been logged out of Youtube in Geforce Experience, and for some reason it wouldn't let me type the @ in my e-mail address in the login field. :wacko::angry: Sorted now, so maybe next time...

You can however watch the recording of my failure to follow @CXRAndy and @bridgy at this address, once YT finish processing:

View: https://youtu.be/OedhK6DLzC8

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, well😄

I wasn't feeling so sparkling before the event. Even the first few miles, felt really tough. Half way, I felt the same, but no worse. Steen, caught me and kept around 5 secs behind. We kept catching those in front, with Chris' being particularly hard to shake off. Steen and Chris left me I think as we passed the bottom of Boxhill. Weight advantage came into play on the descent. I couldn't shake Steen and went fast up the tunnel climb. Je was still there:ohmy:.

I didn't realise Marino was still in front.

With half a mile to go, I began to believe it was in the bag. I couldn't see anyone within 15 secs. ^_^. But with third of a mile, yellow and red markers appeared:ohmy: coming fast. I threw everything for the last 400 yards.

I won, but not only won, but first Cyclechat event 2020 and the decade:hyper:

I shall bask in this win for years, having only one other win in the old Bkool days ^_^

Thoroughly:heat:. wanting my:hungry: now:laugh:

Thanks Paul for organising and everyone else :cheers:

Marino.g

Veteran
Well, well😄

I wasn't feeling so sparkling before the event. Even the first few miles, felt really tough. Half way, I felt the same, but no worse. Steen, caught me and kept around 5 secs behind. We kept catching those in front, with Chris' being particularly hard to shake off. Steen and Chris left me I think as we passed the bottom of Boxhill. Weight advantage came into play on the descent. I couldn't shake Steen and went fast up the tunnel climb. Je was still there:ohmy:.

I didn't realise Marino was still in front.

With half a mile to go, I began to believe it was in the bag. I couldn't see anyone within 15 secs. ^_^. But with third of a mile, yellow and red markers appeared:ohmy: coming fast. I threw everything for the last 400 yards.

I won, but not only won, but first Cyclechat event 2020 and the decade:hyper:

I shall bask in this win for years, having only one other win in the old Bkool days ^_^

Thoroughly:heat:. wanting my:hungry: now:laugh:

Thanks Paul for organising and everyone else :cheers:
Well done good ride you were the first rider to pass me followed by Steen and Paul I believe..

Top Bottom