Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm salivating, sounds delicious 😋

Ooops... :blush:

Spaghetti & turkey meatballs in a marinara sauce, plus some steamed carrots (they needed using as they were in danger of developing language skills). Oh, and lashings of grated Grana Padano cheese.

gbb

Legendary Member
There are various posts ,food unrelated, that reminded me of my work travels, Cyprus being my favourite for the food, some of the simplest most enjoyable foods I ever had.
So while remembering those times, today I decided to recreate something they used to serve up regularly at a factory I used to visit...Greek (or Cypriot) lamb tavi.
£3 for a small pack of lamb chops, yellow stickered so ideal for two of used onion potato, sliced tomato , olive oil, some cumin powder, simplicity itself, oven baked for 2.5 hours.
20231202_160136.jpg

It was delicious.
Stifado next...

newts

Veteran
Bacon, tomato & white wine tagliatelle.
From fridge to plate in 15 minutes🍷🥓🍅🍽️

20231202_182535.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Our local Chinese takeaway does what they call a Billy....chips, egg fried rice covered with Chinese curry sauce in a foil tray. It's lovely,cheap and filling ,so I replicated that tonight.
I always wondered why a Billy? After Billy can perhaps?

gbb

Legendary Member
Another reminder that tasy food doesn't have to cost a lot.
We're out of sorts eating wise, the last 2 years have been stressful and tbh, we really just eat whatever is to hand, very little inventiveness or desire, but tonight...
2 pieces of rump steak from Iceland, 3 bags of microwave savoury rice, some egg noodles and a splash of soy sauce...wonderful.
About £8.50 for 3 of us, it's a bargain. Not a massive amount of steak each...but enough. Less than 3 quid a portion and tasty...yay

Top Bottom