Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Fish cakes (cod and salmon, parsley, mustard) with a crunchy breadcrumb coating, with a tangy salsa including tomatoes, mango, cucumber and chilli with lime juice and coriander.

One hour to cook, ten minutes to eat, one hour of clearing up. :wacko:

There were no complaints from Ms AU and our son.

Beetroot, spinach and goat’s cheese frittata, with salad. The rest of the cheese after with some crackers. Bottle of South African Chardonnay to keep it company

Grilled yellowfin tuna, buttered new potatoes and a large tray of roast veggies - red onion, red pepper, courgette, baby plum tomatoes, sweet potato and, err, quite a few garlic cloves...

Most of the ingredients were acquired on yellow sticker or on offer. :angel:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Sausage/lardon/bean cassoulet later. Not really the time of year for easy 'comfort food' but i like it.

Lunch was a more disappointing slice of bread and two Skittles, so i'm absolutely salivating at the bbq smells coming from one of the neighboring gardens!

gbb

Legendary Member
20230602_172333.jpg

Second one so not so well filled.
Ridiculously cheap, a wrap, sweet chilli sauce, tomato, de-seeded so not to make the contents sloppy, green pepper, cucumber, cheese, spring onion, souther fried chicken steak and seasoning.
Fresh, crunchy, tasty, quick and easy and cost maybe less than £1.50 each to make.

newts

Veteran
View attachment 692688
Second one so not so well filled.
Ridiculously cheap, a wrap, sweet chilli sauce, tomato, de-seeded so not to make the contents sloppy, green pepper, cucumber, cheese, spring onion, souther fried chicken steak and seasoning.
Fresh, crunchy, tasty, quick and easy and cost maybe less than £1.50 each to make.

We made some similar wraps recently with a side of coleslaw made from red cabbage, cucumber, splash of sesame oil & salt/pepper. Very cheap, nutty flavour to accompany the wraps.

Homemade mushroom burgers*, fried potatoes and a mixed salad.

* bracts of oyster mushrooms, stuffed with cheese (in this case cheddar & mozzarella), well seasoned with salt, pepper & olive oil, all shoved in my George Foreman grilly thing and cooked until lovely and crispy. Absolutely fabulous in a buttered roll. Good done with blue cheese, too.

Top Bottom