Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Easy to tell that the days are getting that bit longer now . Also what a difference being able to charge up on a cheap rate at night . Dont think I’ve drawn of the grid outwith that period this week !

Buck

Guru
Another savings session today 18:00-18:30

@Legs @Tenkaykev @kipster @MrGrumpy @Alex321 @cougie uk @Jenkins

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
1709374092626.png

It’s on.

Last edited:

Legs

…and the forecast for the rest of the week is even better!
353270E7-131B-46B5-8058-2A64FEB2BB41.png

kipster

Guru
It's certainly looking better. We got 20kwh on Sunday which is the best this year. I've now stopped charging the batteries over night and letting the solar do all the work ( I was only charging to 60% anyway )

Tenkaykev

Guru
Today is the first day the panels have gone past 5pm. A 5.25 kWh array and 25kWh generated today.
I'm on the Octopus Agile tariff and always top up back to 100% overnight as the 15p export rate is more than what I pay to import.

Legs

Today is the first day the panels have gone past 5pm. A 5.25 kWh array and 25kWh generated today.
I'm on the Octopus Agile tariff and always top up back to 100% overnight as the 15p export rate is more than what I pay to import.

That’s fab 👍
We only got 11.3 kWh today - there was a big chunk of cloud in the middle of the day.
60CA94D6-4F9E-4338-B3EC-745D7A4BB101.jpeg
But with our main array facing west, we’re well set for sunny afternoons/evenings in the summertime…

kipster

Guru
24kwh today with a dribble still coming in.

A good bit of fog this morning that took a while to shift

I'm.on flux and the import / export rates are pretty close, any export from 4pm to 7pm is higher so charging up overnight probably wouldn't gain me much now so letting the solar charge it up by about midday doesn't lose me much export, probably a couple of pence.

Screenshot_20240306-175021.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom