Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
We've taken the rather drastic measure of topping up our battery (at daytime rate!) to ensure we have enough to export and to get through the evening. Many a mickle...

Alex321

Veteran
Lovely and sunny yesterday and almost 15kwh of solar. Record high for 2024 !
Forecast is for rain for the next week or so sadly now.

We got twice that - also the highest we've had this year.

But February altogether so far this year has been fairly poor - we are almost half way through the month, but well under half the February output for the last two years.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just got my " Octopoints " for the last saving session. 5.71kWh export earned 7992 points. In the session on 17th January I exported 5.45kWh and earned 9816 points. I never force export apart from the savings sessions or when there's excess solar and the battery is fully charged it happens automatically

Legs

You're lucky to be able to export more than the bog-standard DNO limit of 3.68kWh/h...

Do they ever have saving sessions that last longer than an hour?

kipster

Guru
You're lucky to be able to export more than the bog-standard DNO limit of 3.68kWh/h...

Do they ever have saving sessions that last longer than an hour?

Last year I'm sure there was one that was longer than an hour, but can't recall if it was 90 or 120 minutes.

I exported 4.8kwh in the last session, currently sitting at £33 over all the sessions but I messed a few up for one reason or another.

Tenkaykev

Guru
My DNO is set at 7.26 kWh and I have a 5.26 kW array. Only been in since mid November so I've been watching the max solar output slowly increase. Highest it has got is about 4.3 kW so far ☀️. Only recently discovered that Solar maximum is about 20 minutes after noon at this time of year🤔

Legs

@Tenkaykev @Buck @kipster @Jenkins @Alex321 @cougie uk
1709203952333.png

Top Bottom