Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Foot report:

-bloody sore, but not broken. I'm hobbling about OK this morning in loose-fitting soft shoes.......the very same ones which didn't protect me when I knocked the sash cramp off my bench onto my foot last night.

Egg report:

-2 eggs successfuly collected. The third was eaten by the white hen chicken which laid it. It's been read the Riot Act, shown the hatchet, and been given a final official warning. Unfortunately, it knows I'm bluffing.

As an aside, did you know that chickens have better colour vision than we do?

Re foot, based on experience take great care of it. Take time to let things recover and heal.
Trust me on this one.

It's a warm and sort of sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well, but after the weekend's endeavours, my brain still feels somewhat fuzzy. But as we escaped the forecast rain yesterday, I shall be dusting off the mower this afternoon and making a dent in the grass cutting that needs to be done.

Madam Lexi is currently outside enjoying the garden. She likes to putter around finding all the sunny spots. But seeing that it is almost time for her lunchtime chicken, she will come inside as soon as I open the door for her.

I actually judged a cat on Saturday who was far more interested in his lunchtime ham than he was in being judged. It was actually quite funny. The cat is actually owned by a friend, and she tells me that is is absolutely obsessed with honey roast ham at home too. We had a good laugh over it.

Speaking of, it is time for luncheon, and I has a hungry.

I have a history of forgetting my way to school, on gorgeous Spring days. that bad habit has followed me thru my professional career. can't imagine being retired w/ no guilt on free days

yeah, I'm looking out the window thinking: "why am I inside?"
1715087384493.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@oldwheels

One of those long wheelbase campervans brought the ambulance drop off point to a standstill (and the rest of the flow of traffic throughout the parking area) at the Hospital I attended regulary.

The driver of the campervan obviously thought he was entitled to park in a designated ambulance slot. Inevitably one ambulance arrived and could not find a parking place, and left his vehicle in the middle, where traffic normally flows through. Fortunately this was not the emergency ambulance entrance.

I do not blame the ambulance driver, he was possibly trying to make a point, as he parked level with the campervan. The patient was in a wheelchair and it takes some time to lower them on the "lift" (?) and take them into the hospital.

After that incident I contacted PALS (patient liason) to tell them what happened. Apparently the Wardens of the car park do not have authority to order someone to move their vehicle, and the Police do not have the authority, as it is private property. Alledgedly the campervan stayed there for a few days.

Sadly we have similar problems all summer.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Had a lovely luncheon of a crusty white roll filled with a chunk of haddock in beer batter, plus an apple, a tangerine, some pomegranate kernels and two :cuppa:

Now off to do some bits in the garden.

We have a new Indian takeaway opening just around the corner from us. It's called "Himalayan Spice " and offers such traditional dishes as " Beer battered Onion Bhaji " as well as " Cheese and Peas Masala " 😀

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The parcel was delivered almost exactly half way into the 1 hour notified time slot. While waiting I changed the bulb that blew last night and then changed the bedding which went in the wash just before I set off on a bike ride.

Don't know what's going on with the weather, but as soon as I set off the cloud cover started to come over although it stayed nice & warm for the next couple of hours. However as I got near home and closer to the coast the cloud cover became thick grey and I watched the temperature reading on my Garmin drop by 6°C in the next 30 minutes or less. It's now gone back to bright sunshine and the temperature has climbed back up to where it was.

That might be the way they are showing you, rather than any fault of yours. They think it is easy peasy piece of cake, so they do it very quickly before you can see what they have done, if you see what I mean.

I was taught languages in the "old school" method. For example, read it, write it, and understand it.

Tell them to slow down, so you can write notes. I have done that in the past and written my own notes, in a sort of "list" form. Ie

> click on settings

> clock

> time format

That is a snippet of the sort of notes I would make. Then you have written notes to follow at your own pace, when the speedy Gonzalez has moved on to something else.

I hope I do not sound patronising. We all have different ways of learning.

I think my brain works on the Rote method of repeating it over and over again .
Yes they do seem to think that it is just straight forward which it isn't. They seem to find things, tabs which scroll down and select, meanwhile you are still trying to find where they got the things from!

Top Bottom