Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's been clear blue skies and sunshine all morning. Due to expecting a delivery I had an early start this morning as the last two deliveries by this courier were notified by email at around 7:30 and the driver was knocking at my door 5 minutes later. Sods law means that I had the email notification at 7:30 but the parcel's not coming until at least 11:30 so I did the only decent thing and managed to have another 1/2 hour's kip.

The bulb in the loo also needs to be changed as it blew last night - good job I was sat down at the time.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Robert Plant had a big log! :whistle:

I cut his lawn once

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My brain works in a strange way. I can physically take a computer apart and fit a new hard drive and get it working but when it comes to doing things on them I'm lost! It's like magic! Peeps can show me how to do things on them but I can't seem to follow the sequence or remember what they did! :wacko:

That might be the way they are showing you, rather than any fault of yours. They think it is easy peasy piece of cake, so they do it very quickly before you can see what they have done, if you see what I mean.

I was taught languages in the "old school" method. For example, read it, write it, and understand it.

Tell them to slow down, so you can write notes. I have done that in the past and written my own notes, in a sort of "list" form. Ie

> click on settings

> clock

> time format

That is a snippet of the sort of notes I would make. Then you have written notes to follow at your own pace, when the speedy Gonzalez has moved on to something else.

I hope I do not sound patronising. We all have different ways of learning.

tom73

Guru
That might be the way they are showing you, rather than any fault of yours. They think it is easy peasy piece of cake, so they do it very quickly before you can see what they have done, if you see what I mean.

I was taught languages in the "old school" method. For example, read it, write it, and understand it.

Tell them to slow down, so you can write notes. I have done that in the past and written my own notes, in a sort of "list" form. Ie

> click on settings

> clock

> time format

That is a snippet of the sort of notes I would make. Then you have written notes to follow at your own pace, when the speedy Gonzalez has moved on to something else.

I hope I do not sound patronising. We all have different ways of learning.

Or watch Youtube

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Covid booster done. Very quick and efficient.
Did something a bit daft ( not unusual ) this morning. Down to the bank early to get some cash from the machine.
Nothing doing as the machine was empty after the bank holiday.
Second attempt later successful but parking a problem. Got into a space not much bigger than the car despite getting harassed by streams of cars trying to get past in both directions.
Parking at the pharmacy dodgy as a long camper van took up a lot of the opposite carriageway. They had obviously stayed there overnight and were sitting having breakfast not caring about the chaos they were causing.
I can understand free camping if you can get off with it ( whisper I have done it myself ) but to use half the carriageway of a main street is a bit cheeky. There used to be signs forbidding this but somehow they have vanished.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@oldwheels

One of those long wheelbase campervans brought the ambulance drop off point to a standstill (and the rest of the flow of traffic throughout the parking area) at the Hospital I attended regulary.

The driver of the campervan obviously thought he was entitled to park in a designated ambulance slot. Inevitably one ambulance arrived and could not find a parking place, and left his vehicle in the middle, where traffic normally flows through. Fortunately this was not the emergency ambulance entrance.

I do not blame the ambulance driver, he was possibly trying to make a point, as he parked level with the campervan. The patient was in a wheelchair and it takes some time to lower them on the "lift" (?) and take them into the hospital.

After that incident I contacted PALS (patient liason) to tell them what happened. Apparently the Wardens of the car park do not have authority to order someone to move their vehicle, and the Police do not have the authority, as it is private property. Alledgedly the campervan stayed there for a few days.

Top Bottom