Home improvements - time the house had some TLC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Had them on my old house, got them going in the new Drago Towers on Friday. Mrs D has MS and can be quite poorly if she overheats. Also they work in reverse as very efficient heaters, so during the winter I can economically heat a single room when Im home on my own during the day.

I'll snap some pics as they go on, although I won't be doing the install. The rhythmist in our band has his own firm installing them so does hem for me at mates rates, bless him,

I did wonder if there may have been a health/efficiency aspect to things, which totally makes sense.

Appreciate the knowledge.

Drago

Legendary Member
I forget the exact figure, but using them as a hester costs something like fifth of conventional heating. They're air source heat pumps.

Running them overnight to keep Mrs D cool is also inexpensive on our EV tariff.

The typical type doesn't require planning permission either. Provided they're a metre from the boundary and the external unit is 0.6m3 or less then its a permitted development, although different rules ay apply on listed buildings or in conservation areas.

AndyRM

XOXO
I forget the exact figure, but using them as a hester costs something like fifth of conventional heating. They're air source heat pumps.

Running them overnight to keep Mrs D cool is also inexpensive on our EV tariff.

The typical type doesn't require planning permission either. Provided they're a metre from the boundary and the external unit is 0.6m3 or less then its a permitted development, although different rules ay apply on listed buildings or in conservation areas.

Every day is a school day!

Top Bottom