Home D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Daughters newbuild,

Kitchen removed, access holes drilled for running wiring back to consumer unit

I've got new PEX to alter water connections under new island she wants

Attachments

• 20240104_143336.jpg
    20240104_143336.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 21

newts

Veteran
I started this project whilst I was off work over Christmas (2022😁). I made the drawers (850mm deep), & doors this Christmas🍻
It was always an awkward space to get into low down.

20240113_164327.jpg

20240113_164413.jpg

@newts, when we took out the plasterboard found the corner was held up by a pile of breeze blocks, what you can’t see if the box frame in that we had to put in to support the stairs… no longer creaks.

what supports the weight of those drawers? are there wheels on that outside edge?

what supports the weight of those drawers? are there wheels on that outside edge?

They are heavy duty hinges, they hold up to 100-125kg of weight. Free standing and there is a hinge on each side and it’s got an easy open/close. Been installed about 4 years and no problems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 15

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Currently chasing drafts in my kitchen ! Should have done something about this at the time but never gave a thought . Anyways large holes where services come through and rewires of cabling meant we had seriously cold air coming through the plinths . So spare roll of loft insulation and expanding foam in action .

Currently chasing drafts in my kitchen ! Should have done something about this at the time but never gave a thought . Anyways large holes where services come through and rewires of cabling meant we had seriously cold air coming through the plinths . So spare roll of loft insulation and expanding foam in action .

sure beats the kids' stuffed animals getting stuffed in there, eh?

Top Bottom