Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
What car D.I.Y. jobs have you just completed, or which are rearing their ugly heads in the near future?

We're all manly men here (apart from the ladies) so feel free to dish the dirt, sparing no sordid, filthy, disgusting detail. If you have some dirty pics of the work on progress, then feel free to show us the polaroids.

screenman

Legendary Member
I seldom take picture's of my jobs, I should do so more often.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
NS mirror indicator needs replacing. It's one of those quick & easy little jobs that requires popping the motorised heated mirror glass out, without mullahing it, then 7 clips to remove the casing, two screws and a plug to change the led/lens, then reassemble in reverse order.

Simples.....

D

Deleted member 1258

Apart from checking tyres, lights and fluids I leave servicing and most jobs to the garage. I really should learn to do it myself, when I was younger and had motorbikes I used to do most of the jobs on them and theres no reason I shouldn't do so with the car.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
.... What jobs....?

Reversing..... :rolleyes:
actually im having them fitted as mrs ck packed up driving after her stroke and has been told she can reapply for her liscence and tbh she felt more comfortable with it if they were fitted .

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I had my wing indicator light cover and bulb smashed off by some roadside protruding saplings. I recovered the light cover which had about 10% of one side broken off. I manfully purchased and fitted a new bulb before using super glue to reattach the cover and some blue tac to cover the gap and prevent water ingress.

I then took off my top and drank a diet coke whilst woman fawned over me. :becool:

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Where to start:laugh:

Capri has a pair of new pattern wings in the post, so some welding to do there. Along with the front valance. And then the various little patches, engine out the list goes on.

Volvo needs a few bits of trim which are tough to find. Cambelt, water pump general service. Gearbox oil change, brake/clutch/power steering fluid. Tailgate hinges, rewire everything in the tailgate.

I think that's my Summer sorted, probably longer for the Crapi...

Top Bottom