BBC Antisocial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
When was the penny incident ?

“TV and radio presenter Jeremy Vine posts a video of a car failing to give way to him while he’s riding a penny farthing. Cue angry comments hurling insults and telling him he’d be safer in a car - and sympathetic responses from fellow cyclists”

Ajax Bay

Guru
I was driving and the radio was on, so I listened. The two pseudo-protagonists were underwhelming. The bloke arguing that the Ministry against Transport and the London 'elite' were engaged on a war on cars was verbose, inarticulate, repetitive, groping for tropes and 'whatabouts', associating cycling with woke and/or green agendas, and generally irritating. The female cyclist was rational but could have been more robust, along Boardman lines.
I do not recommend listening to it.

Last edited:
When was the penny incident ?

“TV and radio presenter Jeremy Vine posts a video of a car failing to give way to him while he’s riding a penny farthing. Cue angry comments hurling insults and telling him he’d be safer in a car - and sympathetic responses from fellow cyclists”
It was in the last 2 weeks - based on when I saw it. Maybe even the last week.

Typical tribal argument - the driver was clearly in the wrong, and you could argue "How on earth did they not see a ruddy Penny Farthing?!?"
And then inevitably the car-wan ... trolls leap in with "Yeah but you'd be safer on a sensible bike, you 2-wheeled Leftard Stirrer!!!"

OP
OP
presta

presta

Guru
the player appeared to open midway

I'm thinking I might have accidentally double-clicked, causing it to open in the middle as if it had previously been part-played. Listening now, I don't recall hearing it before.

Drago

Legendary Member
I pay my TV licence to fund this drivel?

Oh, wait. I don't!

OP
OP
presta

presta

Guru
In the round you say?
So a balanced review of the public health benefits of each? Deaths caused by uninsured drivers? Getting more kids cycling, that sort of thing?

It was a lot more than just whether cyclists should stick to cycle lanes, wasn't it.

Top Bottom