2020 January Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
1st January 2020 Home – Kerminy – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Illifaut – Pont Ruelland – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 34.19km
2nd January 2020 Home – Pont Ruelland – Chalais – Illifaut – la Cotinaie – Brignac– St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 30.96km

It's certainly windy here - I let the wind carry me for the first half, then I tacked back home against it. Average speed only 17.36kph .. probably the slowest yet on my new bike. I got home just before the rain arrived

bluenotebob

Veteran
1st January 2020 Home – Kerminy – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Illifaut – Pont Ruelland – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 34.19km
2nd January 2020 Home – Pont Ruelland – Chalais – Illifaut – la Cotinaie – Brignac– St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 30.96km
3rd January 2020 Home – Plaisance – Kerminy – Evriguet – Guilliers – Esquiniac – Home 23.43km

Another chewy ride today - wet and muddy roads, plus a stiff SW wind. Tomorrow should be easier

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Day 3. 35km It was certainly wet today. 😁

bluenotebob

Veteran
3rd January 2020 Home – Plaisance – Kerminy – Evriguet – Guilliers – Esquiniac – Home 23.43km
4th January 2020 Home – Pont Ruelland – Quihiac – Chalais – la Ville ès Olives – Lac de Loscouët-sur-Meu – la Gautraie – Plumaugat – Lanrelas – les Treize Chênes – Trémorel – Illifaut – la Cotinaie – Brignac – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 68.35km

bluenotebob

Veteran
4th January 2020 Home – Pont Ruelland – Quihiac – Chalais – la Ville ès Olives – Lac de Loscouët-sur-Meu – la Gautraie – Plumaugat – Lanrelas – les Treize Chênes – Trémorel – Illifaut – la Cotinaie – Brignac – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 68.35km
5th January 2020 Home – Brignac – la Riaye – la Cotinaie – la Ville Jallu – la Corbinais – Evriguet – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 28.36km

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
6th January. A 4am start and a 4pm dental appointment scuppered me today. But I will be on the bike tomorrow and will carry on with the challenge. I will try and accumulate a few miles. Its a bugger when real life gets in the way of cycling 😊

bluenotebob

Veteran
Its a bugger when real life gets in the way of cycling 😊

Ain't that the truth ! My sympathies.

This challenge has proved to be more of an exercise for me in time management than cycling. Trying to focus on everything else that needs to be done on a daily basis - and getting out on the bike - has been the greatest difficulty. The weather has been generally kind so far - and I'm delighted to have racked up so many kilometres this early in January. I'll keep going until it becomes impossible to continue.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thats the thing Bob. The distance is just a little leg stretcher. The challenge is just making time for it every day for 20 days or being bothered to go out when its freezing cold and raining. Its also a good way to give your yearly mileage a good boost, without really realising it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Day 7. Part 1. 😊 Back on the road again.
View attachment 499452
You were short by 740 metres! :laugh:

I sometimes find myself touring the local streets to add that kind of distance to complete one of my challenge rides. It always feels a bit silly because it adds nothing to my fitness, pleasure or achievement, but it enables me to say that I had completed the distance.

In your challenge, it is about just making the effort to go out so a few metres here or there makes no real difference.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"M'lud, when questioned, this suspect who denies going equipped, said he was gaining extra miles on his bicycle for a challenge on the internet."

Short pause.

"What's an internet?"
Apparently there are about five million adults in the UK who have never used the internet. 2/3 of them feel that it would be a waste of time. My older sister is almost one of them - she only checks her email about once a year! Sometimes I will look something up while she is chatting to me, and it shocks her how quickly I can find information. "Ooh, Clint Eastwood is getting on!" (Sound of me typing...) "Yes, he was born on 31st May, 1930, so he will be 90 this year." (Stunned silence, then...) "Er, how did you know that?" :laugh:

Top Bottom