2020 January Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You were short by 740 metres! :laugh:

I sometimes find myself touring the local streets to add that kind of distance to complete one of my challenge rides. It always feels a bit silly because it adds nothing to my fitness, pleasure or achievement, but it enables me to say that I had completed the distance.

In your challenge, it is about just making the effort to go out so a few metres here or there makes no real difference.
Colin, you missed the Part 1 add on. I had to ride home as well 😁

Day 7. 51km

bluenotebob

Veteran
1st to 5th January: a ride over 20km each day – total cycled 185.29km

6th January Home – Esquiniac – Bourg Neuf – Evriguet – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Brignac – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 30.07km

7th January Home – la Plaisance – Brignac – la Riaye – la Corbinais – Kerminy – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 28.31km

bluenotebob

Veteran

6th January Home – Esquiniac – Bourg Neuf – Evriguet – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Brignac – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 30.07km

7th January Home – la Plaisance – Brignac – la Riaye – la Corbinais – Kerminy – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 28.31km

8th January Home – Brignac – la Riaye – la Corbinais – Kerminy – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 25.50km

The same as yesterday's ride without the loop out to la Plaisance. No.1 bike is in the LBS today, so I was on no.2 ….32mm tyres instead of 28s, a bit safer on the muddy roads, but definitely a few kph's slower.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Too windy …

It was always going to be a tall order to ride every day in Brittany for the first 20 days of January. I've thought and thought and thought about how to ride today - but it's simply impractical and much too dangerous. I've been outside getting logs for the wood-burner and struggling to walk against the wind. My shutters are rattling and the wind is howling down the chimney as I'm writing this .. and the forecast is for the wind to get even stronger ... so no ride for me today.

I'll stay in the Challenge thread and keep posting rides. Hopefully I can recover the lost kilometrage over the next few days.

I also have a problem with the rear cassette on bike no.1 which might not be replaced until Thurs/Friday next week. That will inhibit my chances of doing any really long rides over the coming week unfortunately.

I shall stay at home today, in the warm and making bread. If it's any good, I may post it on here later.

Good luck @steveindenmark … keep cycling (I will).

bluenotebob

Veteran

8th January Home – Brignac – la Riaye – la Corbinais – Kerminy – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 25.50km

10th January Home – Guilliers – Evriguet – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Brignac – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 32.33km

A slightly extended version of Monday’s ride. A chilly wind from the NW but at least it was dry today.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Day 10. A very windy 38km. With these headwinds we do not need mountains in Denmark. πŸ˜πŸ‡©πŸ‡°

bluenotebob

Veteran
1st to 10th January: 9 rides in 10 days – total cycled 301.50km

11th January Home – la Ville Haligan – Kerminy – Evriguet – la Ville TrΓ©mal – Riolo – QuΓ©ry – la MormaziΓ¨re – Guilliers – Home 31.51km

bluenotebob

Veteran
Sorry @steveindenmark .. I'm bailing out. I haven't been able to do a ride today for various reasons - and Storm Brendan arrives tomorrow and stays through Tuesday .. 40+mph winds forecast here for both days (call me a wimp, but I won't cycle when it's that windy).

I'd thought I could have got a return of 17/18 days out of 20, but it's now looking more like 14/15.

Good luck with the next 8 days, mate.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry @steveindenmark .. I'm bailing out. I haven't been able to do a ride today for various reasons - and Storm Brendan arrives tomorrow and stays through Tuesday .. 40+mph winds forecast here for both days (call me a wimp, but I won't cycle when it's that windy).

I'd thought I could have got a return of 17/18 days out of 20, but it's now looking more like 14/15.

Good luck with the next 8 days, mate.
Thanks Bob. At least it give your yearly mileage a kickstart.

Today was atrocious for me. Thats why I kept it short.

Top Bottom