Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Sory to hear that @Brusgaard, get well soon and don't overdo the painkillers.

I bet it was the Saudis :whistle:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks all.

Just had the bike inside for a visual inspection, and apart from a dropped chain and flat rear tyre, everything seems to be fine. The Di2 shifter/rear deraiilleur seemed to work fine, once the chain got back on. :okay:
I guess it was the impact on the rear wheel (instant snakebite) that made me come down, but it all happened so fast - all I remember is hitting a bump of sorts and then boom!

Maybe only like 5cm difference from the scraped road to the cyclepath, but maybe hit at a slight angle after the front wheel bump - I don’t know.

1715532443189.jpeg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks all.

Just had the bike inside for a visual inspection, and apart from a dropped chain and flat rear tyre, everything seems to be fine. The Di2 shifter/rear deraiilleur seemed to work fine, once the chain got back on. :okay:
I guess it was the impact on the rear wheel (instant snakebite) that made me come down, but it all happened so fast - all I remember is hitting a bump of sorts and then boom!

Maybe only like 5cm difference from the scraped road to the cyclepath, but maybe hit at a slight angle after the front wheel bump - I don’t know.

View attachment 730646

Most important is the bike is ok ... well, and you too of course :okay:
Get well soon mate and take it easy out there in the real world!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Most important is the bike is ok ... well, and you too of course :okay:
Get well soon mate and take it easy out there in the real world!
Thanks

Can’t even get out of bed by myself currently, so will be weeks before I get on the bike outside, and possibly inside too. Everything in the shed regarding the setup is for right hand use, and can’t be easily changed due to space constraints. :sad:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Thanks

Can’t even get out of bed by myself currently, so will be weeks before I get on the bike outside, and possibly inside too. Everything in the shed regarding the setup is for right hand use, and can’t be easily changed due to space constraints. :sad:

Sorry to hear that. Burst mine several years ago and now have a plate and eight screws in it. Hope yours isn’t as bad and will mend without surgery? :hugs:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Sorry to hear that. Burst mine several years ago and now have a plate and eight screws in it. Hope yours isn’t as bad and will mend without surgery? :hugs:

Yeah I hope so too! Just waiting for the rest of the body pain to go way, so I can get around the house and just not like now in babysteps and backwards as that hurts the least. Will be home alone for about 8 hours tomorrow - we will see how that goes! :ohmy:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Yeah I hope so too! Just waiting for the rest of the body pain to go way, so I can get around the house and just not like now in babysteps and backwards as that hurts the least. Will be home alone for about 8 hours tomorrow - we will see how that goes! :ohmy:

Get well soon! Broke my right collar bone 8 years ago. Talk about debilitating! Rest up and hopefully you’ll get the turbo trainer sorted out in a few weeks.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Sorry to hear about your accident, @Brusgaard … Look after yourself and mend soon!

Whorty

Thanks

You guys are not inspiring me to get out me in the scary real world!!

@Brusgaard I know it sounds really obvious, but rest is best. Don't push things too fast, let your body recover and you'll be back and getting your fitness back in no time.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I did the virtual Cinglés yesterday in preparation for the 24h event this weekend.

Approached it by riding 18 minutes in Z2, resting for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat, then naturally resting throughout the descent (~20 minutes).

Worked OK, weak link will probably be the chafing. Hoping for at least 6 ascents on the day.

Whorty

I did the virtual Cinglés yesterday in preparation for the 24h event this weekend.

Approached it by riding 18 minutes in Z2, resting for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat, then naturally resting throughout the descent (~20 minutes).

Worked OK, weak link will probably be the chafing. Hoping for at least 6 ascents on the day.

Can I ask the benefit of resting every 18 mins rather than, say, every 58 mins?

mjd1988

Guru

What's the event?

Top Bottom