Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
This is definitely my favourite thread on this forum. Elsewhere differences of opinion that are frankly rather trivial and have no meaningful impact on anyone’s lives can become disappointingly personal and aggressive, but this thread always keeps the conversation friendly and differences of opinion civil.

Chapeau! :cheers:

I have a feeling in my own case they’ve just worked out I’m an over opinionated so and so and leave me to it after a while, hoping I’ll put a lid on it... one day eh... :blush:^_^

It probably helps a lot of us have met in the real world too where things have less chance of getting lost in translation. Something you’re obviously welcome to do too burning legs. Have you checked out the meet ups thread?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
And even if there is update you don’t need to install it if you don’t like. Update just stays there waiting to get installed. Till then enjoy faster speed ;)
Ah, didn't realise that. With a PC I've never had (or at least noticed) the option to reject an update. Could be some interesting cheating going on then :rolleyes:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
This is definitely my favourite thread on this forum. Elsewhere differences of opinion that are frankly rather trivial and have no meaningful impact on anyone’s lives can become disappointingly personal and aggressive, but this thread always keeps the conversation friendly and differences of opinion civil.

Chapeau! :cheers:
Even though we met on here, we do have real life meetups every now and then so do tend to treat each other with the same respect as we would face to face 👍 No good p1ssing people off when I might need them to help me get around the Isle of Wight fast enough to catch the ferry :laugh:

Edit : Tommy beat me to it :okay:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
It probably helps a lot of us have met in the real world too where things have less chance of getting lost in translation. Something you’re obviously welcome to do too burning legs. Have you checked out the meet ups thread?
I’ve not checked out the meet-up thread - I was over in Harrogate last weekend for a good soaking - you’ll probably tell me you guys had a good old pi55 up in the Zwift draft house and I missed out :sad:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Regarding carbon wheels, buy cheap, virtually same aero benefit as £2000 wheelset. If its all about bling then get plain and some Zippy transfers
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2727630532...8QyoD4qJCXn0pS-xMFDz1EHRCBlocy1xoCWTgQAvD_BwE

I’ve a pair of similar chinese Full carbon wheels With the basic novatech hubs. Looking up my Strava data I’ve done over 6000 mostly Dry miles on them, maybe closer to 7000. So far my only issue was having to replace the freehub as its bearing seemed to have worn out ~ the cassette was all wobbly. This set me back around €30 for new rear hub which I took the freehub off to use.

I also bought a set for my brother when I built a bike for him although Ilol admit I fitted a set from PlanetX when build the missus her bike - shows you how much I either love my wife or trust the Chinese :laugh:

I bought via Aliexpress and the wheels came with Mavic Cosmic decals (or cosmeeks as I call them)

I think when you buy from the big brands you’re buying a level of quality assurance that the brand reputation brings/seeks to protect. I bought an Exocet2 frame from PlanetX and in the box was a QA checklist in Chinsee so manufacture obviously outsourced to a Chinese factory but you just hope a well inspected factory. You also have someone to go back to if you have problems - the aliexpress sellers often “disappear” a few months after you’ve dealt.

I can’t really compare against anything else but I’d certainly buy again.

kipster

Guru
I’ve not checked out the meet-up thread - I was over in Harrogate last weekend for a good soaking - you’ll probably tell me you guys had a good old pi55 up in the Zwift draft house and I missed out :sad:
I was up in Yorkshire for the world's, in Harrogate for a couple of days, but also went to knaresborough and richmond where i had a good chat with a coach for the ireland junior team. he called the race spot on. with only two junior riders for ireland they wont win, there will be plenty of crashes and the usa will win by a margin. no drinking for me though after years of drinking murphys, guinness and a variety of irish whiskey and the occasional poiton (I blame my Irish mother) I'm now tea total.

<Tommy>

I think at least a couple of the guys got up there. Weather looked biblical on the tv! Did you see much of the racing?

I’ve a pair of similar chinese Full carbon wheels With the basic novatech hubs. Looking up my Strava data I’ve done over 6000 mostly Dry miles on them, maybe closer to 7000. So far my only issue was having to replace the freehub as its bearing seemed to have worn out ~ the cassette was all wobbly. This set me back around €30 for new rear hub which I took the freehub off to use.

I also bought a set for my brother when I built a bike for him although Ilol admit I fitted a set from PlanetX when build the missus her bike - shows you how much I either love my wife or trust the Chinese :laugh:

I bought via Aliexpress and the wheels came with Mavic Cosmic decals (or cosmeeks as I call them)

I think when you buy from the big brands you’re buying a level of quality assurance that the brand reputation brings/seeks to protect. I bought an Exocet2 frame from PlanetX and in the box was a QA checklist in Chinsee so manufacture obviously outsourced to a Chinese factory but you just hope a well inspected factory. You also have someone to go back to if you have problems - the aliexpress sellers often “disappear” a few months after you’ve dealt.

I can’t really compare against anything else but I’d certainly buy again.

I kind of assume most bike kit is made in the Far East to be honest. Planet X is definitely all re branded and from China. But I think also most of the big brands have factories out there. Even when they claim their stuff is made in Europe it might just mean it’s pieced together or sprayed there.

Norry1

Legendary Member

I was in the Draft House a couple of times ...... but didn't spot any other Cyclechatters 😁

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I kind of assume most bike kit is made in the Far East to be honest. Planet X is definitely all re branded and from China. But I think also most of the big brands have factories out there. Even when they claim their stuff is made in Europe it might just mean it’s pieced together or sprayed there.

I once bought valves for a big uk oil company...we always wanted European made valves for their perceived higher quality, safety standards and CE mark. Turns out the Spanish stuff we had been buying for years was actually Chinese made, painted in Spain, and badged made in Spain. All above board and legal.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I was in the Draft House a couple of times ...... but didn't spot any other Cyclechatters 😁
I took a beer called the “Muur” in the cold draft house pub next door on the Friday night, I was taken in by its 8.2% abv rating..it sent me up the muur alright...I was dying the next morning 🤢😀

I think at least a couple of the guys got up there. Weather looked biblical on the tv! Did you see much of the racing?.
Me and my brother got there on the Friday in time to see the mens U23, got out to the first climb on the ladies elite then back into town for the circuits, and we got a great spot to watch the men’s elite race, right on the corner at the bottom of Parliament street 500m from the finish. Thankfully I had packed a set of ponchos and waterproof leggings which kept us dry, only had wet feet. Really enjoyed the weekend despite the weather.

0339C04B-6E03-4010-8092-CA109606103B.jpeg

My view.👆

I even made a short video of our weekend as a momento...

View: https://youtu.be/oYLGF50ZrNA

Dancing with the badger at the end was my favourite part of the weekend 😄

I also somehow squeezed in some souvenirs into my hand luggage for my pain cave.

987E8DCD-3E9F-4E70-96C4-86D5ADCC3031.jpeg

<Tommy>

I took a beer called the “Muur” in the cold draft house pub next door on the Friday night, I was taken in by its 8.2% abv rating..it sent me up the muur alright...I was dying the next morning 🤢😀

Me and my brother got there on the Friday in time to see the mens U23, got out to the first climb on the ladies elite then back into town for the circuits, and we got a great spot to watch the men’s elite race, right on the corner at the bottom of Parliament street 500m from the finish. Thankfully I had packed a set of ponchos and waterproof leggings which kept us dry, only had wet feet. Really enjoyed the weekend despite the weather.

View attachment 488229
My view.👆

I even made a short video of our weekend as a momento...

View: https://youtu.be/oYLGF50ZrNA

Dancing with the badger at the end was my favourite part of the weekend 😄

I also somehow squeezed in some souvenirs into my hand luggage for my pain cave.

View attachment 488230

:laugh:

You made a rainy day look brilliant fun Alan. Good skills!

Top Bottom