Your bike on a bridge pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Pashley on the Trafford way lift bridge overlooked by Barton bridge over the Manchester Ship canal
IMG_7127.jpeg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
More from yesterdays ride on the Silver Jubilee bridge over the Mersey and Manchester ship canal at Widnes
IMG_7193.jpeg

IMG_7192.jpeg

IMG_7191.jpeg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Me (And wife) cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco in 2022. Not strictly ‘My bike(s)…..but we did hire them 😎

Cycle paths and infrastructure were fabulous. We biked in from 6-7 miles out. Over the Bridge and then a couple of miles over the other side to see the amazingly pretty Town of Sausalito. It was truly one of the great mornings of a near month long jaunt down the West Coast…..

Attachments

• 19c4e3f2-962c-4433-b8d6-eeb9aef31c8b.jpeg
    19c4e3f2-962c-4433-b8d6-eeb9aef31c8b.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5900.jpeg
    IMG_5900.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5903.jpeg
    IMG_5903.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5904.jpeg
    IMG_5904.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I was thinking of the traffic, but hey, if it's well surfaced that's another plus...

Traffic wasn’t too bad mainly because it was gridlocked 😆😆

Windle

Über Member
The 'Blue Bridge' over St. Cuthbert's Way in Newton Aycliffe. This used to be the railway line that ran from the east coast main line into the industrial estates, closed a long time ago and decidedly overgrown now, although a proper footpath. I've been under this bridge countless times but this is the first time I've ever been over it.

GOPR1107.JPG

Windle

Über Member
On the same ride as the above, this is on the Brusselton Incline, the route of the Stockton & Darlington railway and thus one of the world's oldest railway bridges. Restored fairly recently as well.

GOPR1124.JPG

Another view towards it in the distance, looking along the original trackbed with it's stone block 'sleepers'.
GOPR1123.JPG

Top Bottom