With these EU foot sizings, what size MTB shoes would you be asking for ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guitars and Bikes

The background is I have wide feet. In everyday life I wear a size EU43 shoe and have no issue, it's very different where cycling shoes are considered. I currently have Shimano XC3 MTB shoes in their wide fitting EU44, and my feet are getting corns on top of the toes as there isn't enough room in the toe box area for me. I feel as if my feet are being crushed.
I went to Clark's shoes today and asked an assistant to size my feet length wise and for width. She noticed I have a high foot arch and wide feet. For shoe length, she said EU43 was my size, but advised for width, I need EU45.
I read great things about Lake MX238 wide MTB shoes, which do you think I need in wide fitting EU44,44.5 or 45 ?

PaulSB

Squire
I have very wide feet and bunions. I've recently purchased a pair of Lake MX177 wide fitting size 43. Street shoes I'm generally 41/42. So far I'm very comfortable in the Lake shoes.

alicat

Squire
I have awkward feet. Whenever possible, I try shoes on in a shoe. If that's not possible I order one or two of the most likely sizes and go from there. HTH

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

I live in Northern Ireland and we have no lake dealers here. I'm leaning towards possibly the Lake 44.5 wide to address the EU45 foot width I need. Anyone here who owns Lake shoes think this is feasible ? With having EU43 foot length, is this unwise ?

newts

Veteran
My feet are very similar to yours. I have the wide fit mx176 in 44, plenty of width but snug on the big toe. If I were buying again I'd definitely go up to a 45. I ditched the Lake insoles for something with better support/comfort mid foot.

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

When I got my wife to draw a line around my foot onto a sheet of paper, we got 265mm long and 107mm wide. Does this info help to choose the best size for me ?

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

Can anyone suggest a MTB shoe which has both wide fitting and increased headroom in toe box area ? I think my high foot arches are a major contributor to the corns I am getting on top of my toes. Thanks for all suggestions so far guys.

Top Bottom