Who Knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bristolian

That’s pretty cheap. My services would cost a lot more than a little over £2 an hour.

Minimum wage at least :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was recording a ride I had planned on my Honda 125cc the other day not even thinking I would get a KOM.

I feel so guilty, I think I should hand myself in to the Strava police. ^_^

I have deleted the ride but I still think I am KOM.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Nope, the data has elevation data in just like your ride.

I did some set up on a couple of bikes a while ago one evening. Ended up doing quite some miles - with a tool kit: but no phone. So added some after miles accordingly.

No elevation came up and I saw no option to add. (Immediately where I live is hilly - so I know 0 feet isnt possible). I think this also happened before when Strava had a glitch / didn’t record a walk - and I added it after manually.

So whilst elevation might well be possible on a manual activity addition: it’s not automatic from my experience.

IMG_5468.jpeg

Alex321

Guru
I did some set up on a couple of bikes a while ago one evening. Ended up doing quite some miles - with a tool kit: but no phone. So added some after miles accordingly.

No elevation came up and I saw no option to add. (Immediately where I live is hilly - so I know 0 feet isnt possible). I think this also happened before when Strava had a glitch / didn’t record a walk - and I added it after manually.

So whilst elevation might well be possible on a manual activity addition: it’s not automatic from my experience.

View attachment 744748

But that is when you just add the distance manually.

If you import a file, that should have the elevation included.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
But that is when you just add the distance manually.

Gotcha.

I only use Strave. If that fails me or I forget - adding manually is the only way for me personally to record / keep track etc. I’ do not have files anywhere else / any other way to import.

Others might, and others ‘fake’ activities might get uploaded from another source and hence elevation show - I think I understand !

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I used to ride MTB with a guy who once accepted a ride as a Honda Fireblade pillion passenger from Exeter to Plymouth. 20 minutes, city centre to city centre. Shame we didn't have smartphones and Strava in those days.

Incidentally, he never went on a motorbike again. He said the whole journey was like the Millennium Falcon jumping into hyperspace - just streaks of light. All the way.

figbat

Slippery scientist
So how does this work? You hand over your Strava login details to the mule, they log in to Strava as you and go for a ride?

Whilst in possession of your login details they can potentially see what equipment you have, where you keep it, where you ride it and so on? As well as personal details such as DoB? Is that how this works?

Alex321

Guru
So how does this work? You hand over your Strava login details to the mule, they log in to Strava as you and go for a ride?

Whilst in possession of your login details they can potentially see what equipment you have, where you keep it, where you ride it and so on? As well as personal details such as DoB? Is that how this works?

That is exactly how it works.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
So, people with money to burn, employ somebody better than themselves for the sake of some vanity project to improve the way they look to others even if that means bending rules?

At least they tried. Faith in capitalism restored...

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I

I would have thought they send you the gpx file for you to upload

Top Bottom