Where I can buy a 4m long "security" chain ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Über Member

Because it can be cut in 2 seconds with pocket cable cutters.
OP said it was to satisfy insurers, and if they're stipulating it has to be chained to an immovable object, it's likely they'll also stipulate Sold Secure Gold or above. That's the case for insurers I've looked at anyway.

OP
OP
PedallingNowhereSlowly

PedallingNowhereSlowly

The current insurer don't stipulate 'Sold Secure Gold' or any other standard.

It's a bit annoying - there's no where accessible on the scooter to really get a shackle or chain around, which would be secure. The few options there are would be easily defeated with tools.
I presented the female parental unit with two options. The cheap option, and the spendy 'Sold Secure Gold' option courtesy of Pragmasis. She opted for latter.

A 13mm Chain/2x Double DIB D-Lock package and a Torc Maxi Ground Anchor (which looks like it should attached without issue to a brick wall) have now been ordered.

Thanks for the help.

Next step is getting power to the location for charging the damned thing.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This thread really needs pictures once you've got it set up. I have visions of chains and extension leads trailing everywhere.....I'm sure it wont be, but that's what I'm picturing

OP
OP
PedallingNowhereSlowly

PedallingNowhereSlowly

If I shared pictures, I think you will be sorely disappointed :smile:

Wall anchor is going on the side of the house.
'Scooter garage' is about a meter away from the house to allow access to the meter cupboard. And as I'm the only person that takes meter readings, if I trip over the damn chain, it's my fault because I put it there.

I would have gone for a ground anchor - but that's a much bigger job as the ground is asphalt.

The whole lot is gated off so there shouldn't be any third parties trundling around there.

Top Bottom