What volcanic ash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
surfgurl said:
It's all pretty scary stuff. Have just heard on BBC News the Vice-Chairman of the British Lung Foundation, apparently lots of people are worried about respiratory problems.

Are they all very tall people, or do they have ladders?

cookiemonster

Squire
HLaB said:
Some of his quotes are gas :biggrin:

On losing all four engines he said something like

The other quote I thought was a classic was his announcement to the passengers -

“ Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control. I trust you are not in too much distress.

:biggrin:

vbc

My wife and Mother-in-law are currently on their way back from Australia and were due to arrive at Heathrow this afternoon.

At the moment, the airline can't tell me where the aircraft will be diverted to and what arrangements will be put in place for them.

Don't yet know how long the airports will be closed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aperitif said:
I just heard on the radio that there is a large cloud of dust over North London.
The police are questioning the person who decided to clean Arsenal's trophy cabinet apparently...

LOL

Guess who is probably not flying home tomorrow?

Flipping tour operator wants us to go to the airport and get delayed there.....bummer......would rather sit by the pool or bar. ;)

zacklaws

Guru
Scanning through all the frequencies on radio, 2 monitoring HF and 1 monitoring VHF and UHF, apart from a couple of light aircraft that pop up now and again, there's not an aircraft flying over Uk, civilian or military.

A few over the Atlantic but at the other side.

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
Globalti said:
I knew somebody who was in the 'plane, he said he genuinely expected to die. He's dead now anyway but that was self-inflicted through a lifetime of smoking, booze and fornication.

Sounds like a pretty good way to go to me. Certainly better than in a 'plane crash.;)

Bman

Guru
vbc said:
My wife and Mother-in-law are currently on their way back from Australia and were due to arrive at Heathrow this afternoon.

At the moment, the airline can't tell me where the aircraft will be diverted to and what arrangements will be put in place for them.

Don't yet know how long the airports will be closed.

Do you know the flight number, departure time and/or airport?

vbc

Got some feedback from the airline now.

They're being diverted to Paris CDG and found accommodation until the airline can get them back to the UK.

Thank you SIA!

redjedi

Über Member
As someone who lives on the flight plan for Heathrow can I just say

;)

Sorry if anyone is inconvenienced but a nice quiet evening in the garden is called for, and the sun is shining

:smile:

Can we have another one next weekend as well please?

Top Bottom