What Supermarket or other brand is as good as or better than Heinz Ketchup?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morrisons own Tom sauce is vile.

And I don't like Bramwells stuff either. Their mint sauce is truly horrible. I will stick with Heinz.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
ALDI or LIDL ketchup is fine for us; no-one in the family has ever complained or even commented on it. I will say that tesco and Morrisons own budget (savers or value) ketchup is not good.

My Gran used to buy co-ops own ketchup and we loved it; but I'm not sure if they even do it now and whether it was the same recipe as 30 years ago (I highly doubt it)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
all ketchup tastes pretty much the same to me... not that I've ever bought three or four bottles and done a side by side comparison. With regards to say Heinz vs Aldi's own, I'll look at the price difference and think "I'm not paying that much for a bottle of sweet sugary sh!t."

Kingfisher101

Über Member
We have Lidl's own reduced sugar and salt tomato ketchup and it was fine when I tasted it. I'm not really one for condiments. I prefer dressings for salads etc and making do with these.

steverob

Guru
I like a lot of Aldi's products - easily as good (and sometimes better) than the name brand at a fraction of the price. But their ketchup is awful - a rare product that was bad enough for me to throw away after having tasted it just once (and my wife agreed with that decision).

Personal favourite is from Sauce Shop (pic below) but that can sometimes be hard to find, so Heinz is probably the fall back option for me.
1719413928349.png

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
all ketchup tastes pretty much the same to me... not that I've ever bought three or four bottles and done a side by side comparison. With regards to say Heinz vs Aldi's own, I'll look at the price difference and think "I'm not paying that much for a bottle of sweet sugary sh!t."
They sell a ketchup down here made in Saudi Arabia, it really is
sweet sugary sh!t.
You can't taste any tomato in it at all. I guess the Arabs don't go in for ketchup with their sheep's knackers and kebabs.

Top Bottom