What happened to global warming then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Good spot! It's mostly held in place by gravity right?
You still haven't told us how the atmosphere was created. I'm pregnant with anticipation...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm off to Venus and Mars. Greenhouse gases clearly make very little difference to things in the long run.

U

User482

You have been busy... degassing followed by rain. I'm more than a little sketchy on the details
I'm keen to learn more about the creation of the atmosphere...I'd hate for anyone to think that you don't know what you're talking about.

iLB

Hello there
I'm keen to learn more about the creation of the atmosphere...I'd hate for anyone to think that you don't know what you're talking about.

It that not inferred, at least in term of atmospheric formation, by my second sentence?

To say that water vapour is the greatest contributor to the greenhouse effect is perfectly correct, however.

U

User482

It that not inferred, at least in term of atmospheric formation, by my second sentence?

To say that water vapour is the greatest contributor to the greenhouse effect is perfectly correct, however.
Given the certainty of your earlier posts, I thought you must be some sort of expert. Clearly not.

As for your second sentence, whilst correct, why are you keen to tell us about something so unimportant?

iLB

Hello there
Given the certainty of your earlier posts, I thought you must be some sort of expert. Clearly not.

As for your second sentence, whilst correct, why are you keen to tell us about something so unimportant?

As far as I can tell climate change experts are something of an oxymoron, given the errors involved. Anyway, I think it does have a relevance when compared to the concentrations of C02, and their fluctuations. In theory even more H20 in the atmosphere could make things even worse, but as I understand its as good as saturated.

jonesy

Guru
As far as I can tell climate change experts are something of an oxymoron, given the errors involved. Anyway, I think it does have a relevance when compared to the concentrations of C02, and their fluctuations. In theory even more H20 in the atmosphere could make things even worse, but as I understand its as good as saturated.

Do you feel sufficiently expert to make an informed judgement on this? if you know better than the experts, then I hope your Nobel Prize winning paper is in press.

iLB

Hello there
Do you feel sufficiently expert to make an informed judgement on this? if you know better than the experts, then I hope your Nobel Prize winning paper is in press.

Give over with your Nobel Prize speech; you clearly assume that when I say errors I'm referring to the whole trend of 20 years worth of intensive study being wrong. I'm not.

jonesy

Guru
You said "climate change experts are something of an oxymoron", which is a rather staggeringly arrogant claim to make about a complex area of science, in which you clearly lack expertise yourself.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Jonesy/User482, just to settle an office discussion we're having as we follow this thread, are either of you a meteorologist?

jonesy

Guru
No. I did do a course in atmospheric physics as part of my degree, but that was rather a long time ago now... But I'm not claiming expertise in climate science.

iLB

Hello there
No. I did do a course in atmospheric physics as part of my degree, but that was rather a long time ago now... But I'm not claiming expertise in climate science.

I don't think I've claimed any particular expertise, but I have just sat an exam on contemporary climate change... and was being facetious about the oxymorons, but the comment still stands really. There are a lot of unknowns.

Top Bottom