What’s in the bag…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Seat-bag, frame bag, bar bag, bum bag (Or other) - that is.

I’m sure we’ve all (mostl)y got: Spare tubes, glueless patches, a mini pump or CO2 canisters - maybe a Presta to Schrader adaptor so you can utilise a forecourt pump, tyre levers etc.

But what else do you carry that you’ve found invaluable ? Even if it might appear on face value unusual…..

***I carry all the above. Plus a few pound coins. And half a dozen small, individually l sealed ‘hand wipes’.

After that I’m in trouble……

Sharky

Guru
ID card with an ICE number is useful.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
aside from the necessary tools for a roadside repair, which i never seem to ever need, I carry a folding backpack in my pannier for the odd occasion that i can't fit all my shopping in the pannier.
8-or1aS3mgp0szCFG6linASzUAwvMJc3kR5Ix1v1wk9oZdMJpA.jpg

It's not going to take a great deal of weight but for a loaf of bread it's perfect.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Tools. Spares. I have various bits and pieces including many sizes of split link. Obviously only one size is of use to me but I've handed a number of them out to other people. As I run tubeless I have things like worms, sealant, spare cores and stuff.

I always have a smallish charge tank and adapters for both UsbC and micro usb.

I have a waterproof and depending on the season other bits of spare clothing.

Wallet, phone, money. Tissues. These are really important in the rain for cleaning my glasses. All of my cycling gear is either synthetic or wool, and will only smear lenses.

Food. Generally enough to keep me alive for about a month.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Usual tools, levers, chain splitter and links, A few cable ties, spare specs, asthma inhaler though i havent an attack for years now. Bought myself a decent mini pump- leyzne or something like that.
I always carry a full size blacksmiths anvil on my rack as im so damn fast and dont want to embarrass anyone... :okay:
* a pound coin for a mars bar

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I know it’s a rare occurrence, but many years ago I broke a chain so I now have a small chain splitter and quick link and a valve core tool plus a couple of spare tubes, levers and mini pump.

Somebody mentioned these on another thread recently... I have a valve core tool built in to one of my valve caps. Handy and useful.

The other valve cap is a spoke key. I suppose if I decided that my wheels were too true, or if one went out of true and I wanted to make it worse, then that could come in handy.

Alex321

Guru
I only have a small saddle bag permanently on the bike. In it I have a multitool which includes a chain splitter, a spare tube, tyre levers, puncture repair kit, and a pair of reading glasses. And a combination cable lock looped through the straps, for when I decide to pop quickly into a shop or a café stop.

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
* a pound coin for a mars bar

My 'few' pound coins were planned for emergency phone calls. Incase i'd fallen - smashed the phone i carry in my Jersey pocket and needed to contact the outside World. *Is being able to actually pop a £1 coin into a Telephone box to make a call still an actual thing these days ? Or just a romantic idea ?

**Maybe i'd be better popping a credit card into my phone case ? For the above. and alot more.......

Either way; your idea of coins for chocolate sounds a far better proposition :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My 'few' pound coins were planned for emergency phone calls. Incase i'd fallen - smashed the phone i carry in my Jersey pocket and needed to contact the outside World. *Is being able to actually pop a £1 coin into a Telephone box to make a call still an actual thing these days ? Or just a romantic idea ?

**Maybe i'd be better popping a credit card into my phone case ? For the above. and alot more.......

Either way; your idea of coins for chocolate sounds a far better proposition :laugh:

You’d be lucky to find a working phone box around here. Most have either been removed or converted to mini libraries or defib stations.

Top Bottom