Well that was dumb (of me)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Also flat glass is not for recycling, it ruins the mix and creates a lot of waste.

With hindsight...and admittedly forgetting altogether it would be safety glass (even worse), the recycle bin is of course not the place for it.
Tbf, I didn't know flat glass is a problem...

Jameshow

Veteran
Yeap rode 260 miles 400k in just over 24 ours coupe of years ago... Hottest day if year. Fields were brown with corn yet to be harvested.

Got to Salisbury approx 19 miles to verwood and saw on Google maps a short cut directly south rather than taking the road round, goes up a hill no problem, then a track and then a granite rock formation. Result in a puncture and a snapped spoke!
Replaced the tube and slacked of the brakes and walked about an hour before riding on. Wasted about an hour🤣🤣🤣

vickster

Legendary Member
Guess who managed to cycle this morning to the tube station as part of partial commute to office and found that she'd left the D part of her big Abus lock at home ...yep she had the wheel cable and the lock bit, utterly useless without the other bit 🤦‍♀️

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I called at Grange-over-Sands Costas for coffee yesterday with a pal. I failed to notice the bleedin' obvious...

One-way at Costas G-o-S.jpg

After our coffees I happily led us the wrong way up Main Street and almost got hit by a car coming round the bend top-right in the picture.

Another bad mistake a while back - distracted by a phone call during bike maintenance, I forgot to tighten the stem bolts. The bike reminded me later when I tried to turn left at a mini-roundabout... The handlebars turned left; the bike did not! Fortunately, it happened where it did and I got away with it. Having it happen at 60+ kph on one of our steep local descents could have killed me.

Top Bottom