Well that was dumb (of me)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
As we all know, the Internet is bulging with experts of every topic known to man, yet we make the dumbest mistakes...
Yesterday, having a good garden morning, trimming shrubs, mowing lawn etc, I decided the small patio tables gotta go. Dismantled, most of it went in the recycling bin but left me with a metre round glass top.
Hmmmm, if I place it over the top of the recycling bin, hit it, most of the pane of glass will fall in I can pick up any big pieces.
Smack...bugger 😞
One million pieces of safety glass are now in my lawn.
I spent an hour brushing, picking and actually painstakingly hoovering the lawn (makita cordless)

Dumb move of the day...

Had.one lately ?

Just of late, have been setting the smartphone to wake me up early, so as I can do my morning walk in the relative cool.
The other day we were out in BKK, meaning a few beers as well in the evening, so switched off the phone thinking that would disable it.
The frigging thing only goes and switches itself back on in the morning and wakes me up with the usual alarm.
Guess the phone is smart, not the user :laugh:

si_c

Guru
Adjusting the rear brake on the commuter as the disc was rubbing and promptly stripped the threads on the flat mount adapter .It was an ebay special so liable to be made of cheese but a 5 min job turned into an hour plus as i had to find the old brake and take the adapter off that and start from scratch with a refit and setup.

At least it was only the adapter and not the frame!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got a glass table to dispose of, I shall remember not to do that.

We've had a large glass table shatter in spring. Frosty overnight then sun hit the table and it shattered.

Reactions: gbb

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My 'Safety Glass' problem started when I was putting the umbrella in the hole of a smoked glass patio table and the wind gusted it sideways and the tabke went kaboom!
I was finding bits of it between the patio slabs for years 😂

The ones with the umbrella hole are prone to that. Not the best of designs.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The ones with the umbrella hole are prone to that. Not the best of designs.

It had a plastic grommet but the brolly leant over too far!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Letting Jannie do the navigation on the island of Fanø, Denmark, yesterday. She had been on this bike route 2 days earlier and knew the way. It was a "lovely hard packed track".

The track she led us down was miles of sand. 🙂

20240817_155941.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Letting Jannie do the navigation on the island of Fanø, Denmark, yesterday. She had been on this bike route 2 days earlier and knew the way. It was a "lovely hard packed track".

The track she led us down was miles of sand. 🙂

View attachment 741653

rode a 100 years ago someone else had planned and one section was literally a farm track with boulders , great if your own a full suss mtb not road bikes .

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
rode a 100 years ago someone else had planned and one section was literally a farm track with boulders , great if your own a full suss mtb not road bikes .

I was the proud owner of a brand new Tricross and entered an event near Campbelltown. There were multiple events - road runs and cross country. I asked if my wonderful cyclocross bike would handle the forest event and the organiser said "No problem". So I drove down and slept in the car overnight. Next morning I'm on the start line for the forest event looking slightly askance at the full suspension mountain bikes all around me. Needless to say, barely 15 minutes in, it was clear I couldn't do this course on the cyclocross bike so I headed back to the start to have a go at one of the road events which started an hour after the forest one. Unfortunately, I got lost trying to backtrack.

So I took a shortcut.

Across a swamp.

I was thigh deep in glaur and absolutely filthy by the time I got to the start line and never really noticed the looks I was getting until I overheard one young couple saying "He must be hard core. He's done the mountain course now he's doing this!"

The road event was fun but very hilly. Unfortunately I got lost and came in about an hour after everyone else.

Gillstay

Veteran
As we all know, the Internet is bulging with experts of every topic known to man, yet we make the dumbest mistakes...
Yesterday, having a good garden morning, trimming shrubs, mowing lawn etc, I decided the small patio tables gotta go. Dismantled, most of it went in the recycling bin but left me with a metre round glass top.
Hmmmm, if I place it over the top of the recycling bin, hit it, most of the pane of glass will fall in I can pick up any big pieces.
Smack...bugger 😞
One million pieces of safety glass are now in my lawn.
I spent an hour brushing, picking and actually painstakingly hoovering the lawn (makita cordless)

Dumb move of the day...

Had.one lately ?

Also flat glass is not for recycling, it ruins the mix and creates a lot of waste.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My 'Safety Glass' problem started when I was putting the umbrella in the hole of a smoked glass patio table and the wind gusted it sideways and the tabke went kaboom!
I was finding bits of it between the patio slabs for years 😂
Similar happened to a colleague of mine, only the glass is now embedded on the wooden decking, allover it.
They have a dog and kids.
I suggested to get new decking, can't see another way to make the area safe.

Top Bottom