trying to get back into biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrichardson55

Hi all , i own quiet a few bike specized hybrid and mounting bike, a mezzo fold up and a 2006 M3L brompton. I've always liked the fold up bike for taking away on holidays.

the M3l I'm looking at adding a few mods just to freshen it up different clamps some luggage attachments. maybe a new chain set drop it to the 44tooth from the original.

I'm looking to start easy flat Sunday ride outs to get back to using the bikes (been about 5 years I've been to ill to ride) its going to hurt but i need to get fit.

im looking for some good riding roots around herts area and some idea what i can do to the brompton (i seam to be fixed on it as a easy bike to move about and use at the moment)

so thought i would say hello :smile: ive been looking around the pages and see some very good write ups :smile: looking fwd to interacting

a very keen but unfit biker :smile:

EckyH

Hello and welcome from a fellow Brompton rider (modified 2017 S2L).

E.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I work in Hemel, sometimes take the Nickey Line over to Harpenden on the way home from work- the surface isn't very good but it's OK when dry- and it is flat.

The trouble with Hemel is it's in a valley so getting to some routes involves a bit of climbing depending on which side of town you live in-- but with a folding bike you can get to the flatter rides by car/bus/train (depending on what is available to you)

Hi all , i own quiet a few bike specized hybrid and mounting bike, a mezzo fold up and a 2006 M3L brompton. I've always liked the fold up bike for taking away on holidays.

the M3l I'm looking at adding a few mods just to freshen it up different clamps some luggage attachments. maybe a new chain set drop it to the 44tooth from the original.

I'm looking to start easy flat Sunday ride outs to get back to using the bikes (been about 5 years I've been to ill to ride) its going to hurt but i need to get fit.

im looking for some good riding roots around herts area and some idea what i can do to the brompton (i seam to be fixed on it as a easy bike to move about and use at the moment)

so thought i would say hello :smile: ive been looking around the pages and see some very good write ups :smile: looking fwd to interacting

a very keen but unfit biker :smile:

Hi and welcome from another Brommie user.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hemel and flat aren't very compatible: Nickey line when dry is the obvious one and they have improved the surface in places in last couple of years.

Out the back of Woodhall Farm along Cupid green lane and then pick up Gaddesdon Row, is "relatively" flat all they way up through Studham to the Whipsnade roundabout.

Or pick your way thru town, past the leisure centre. St Johns Road, Chaulden lane, Pix farm lane, sharpes lane and back round to through Winkwell (choice of 3 pubs in 1/2 mile) and back.

Or use Nickey line to back end of Maylands (or thru adeyfield - wood lane End -> Buncefield lane or green lane) and then you can do a flat-ish circuit: 3 cherry trees - Hogg end, old Jeromes (or go all way down to Redbourn road), and Punchbowl lanes to complete the circuit.

OP
OP
neilrichardson55

neilrichardson55

Hemel and flat aren't very compatible: Nickey line when dry is the obvious one and they have improved the surface in places in last couple of years.

Out the back of Woodhall Farm along Cupid green lane and then pick up Gaddesdon Row, is "relatively" flat all they way up through Studham to the Whipsnade roundabout.

Or pick your way thru town, past the leisure centre. St Johns Road, Chaulden lane, Pix farm lane, sharpes lane and back round to through Winkwell (choice of 3 pubs in 1/2 mile) and back.

Or use Nickey line to back end of Maylands (or thru adeyfield - wood lane End -> Buncefield lane or green lane) and then you can do a flat-ish circuit: 3 cherry trees - Hogg end, old Jeromes (or go all way down to Redbourn road), and Punchbowl lanes to complete the circuit.

Thankyou I forgot about the winkwell lane bit :smile:

Top Bottom