Transfers and rumours 2020/2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Elisa Longo Borghini to UAE.

I’m not thrilled about this one, she is pretty much the embodiment of Lidl Trek. I can only imagine she’s moving for the money because Lidl is an excellent team for her. I totally understand that she wants to capitalise on income, but I’m still disappointed she’s moved. Not a fan of sports washing either! Sigh. Will still cheer for her though because it’s Elisa!

Adam4868

Guru
Decathlon AG2R sign Johannes Staune-Mittet from Visma on a three year deal.
Also Callum Scotsmon
Tord Gudmestad
Stefan Bissegger

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Elisa Longo Borghini to UAE.

I’m not thrilled about this one, she is pretty much the embodiment of Lidl Trek. I can only imagine she’s moving for the money because Lidl is an excellent team for her. I totally understand that she wants to capitalise on income, but I’m still disappointed she’s moved. Not a fan of sports washing either! Sigh. Will still cheer for her though because it’s Elisa!
Don't UAE have fewer big leaders than Trek? Consonni and... erm... Persico? Van Anrooij?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Don't UAE have fewer big leaders than Trek? Consonni and... erm... Persico? Van Anrooij?

Van Anrooij is at Trek. Maybe yes, maybe she is the undisputed leader but surely she's been that for Lidl Trek as well. I feel like her support squad at Trek is notably better than what she'll get at UAE.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Luke Rowe said he had no real reason not to stay at Ineos. Does that mean he just fancies a change or that DAT offered more than Ratcliffe would?

Watts Occurring - with Geraint Thomas and Luke Rowe: ANNOUNCEMENT! Where's Luke working in 2025? - Watts Occurring powered by Eurosport

Episode webpage: https://crowdnetwork.co.uk/podcasts/the-geraint-thomas-cycling-club/

Media file: https://pdst.fm/e/pscrb.fm/rss/p/pr...hone.fm/COMG5758785104.mp3?updated=1728289419

Either way, nice DS for a semi-mutual team to have! 👏

tarric

Über Member
Rune Herregodts Intermarche-Wanty to UAE.

Top Bottom