Tour de France - Stage 19 - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
What can you say about that young bloke? Pierre, well ridden. A grand chapeau young man! You deserve that victory and the white jersey, not just for today but for the way you've supported Voeckler.

Absolutely! Europcar got their money's worth this year!

yello

Cav JUST in.... 27 seconds out of time!

Fiona N

Veteran
Yes I just checked the numbers from the Dauphine and M. Rolland will have to get his finger out tomorrow as the current no.2 on the white jersey finished 4 minutes up on him in the ITT in Grenoble in June. Cadel Evans did 56.47 to place 6th on that stage. I find it hard to imagine on past showing that the Schlecks will get within a minute of him. So I'm backing Cuddles for the yellow into Paris :biggrin:

aJohnson

I think Andy has done enough to win this tour now. Cant see him losing that lead he has on Evans in the TT. Just hope Frank will stay second, will be nice to see a 1-2 for the Schlecks.

yello

Looks like Cavendish (and the rest of the groupetto today) have been docked another 20 points for being out of time. I didn't hear it announced but that's what the tables reflect. Some riders are on -40 points! Bet they wonder why the bothered coming ;)

Rules is rules I guess....

yello

Unless Evans has a 'mare tomorrow, I can't see him not taking yellow.

Who's the better TTer, Andy or Frank?

Can't see Contador taking 3 minutes out of Schleck Snr, let alone 4 out of kid brother, so I reckon that gives us the podium.

oldroadman

Veteran
Well, last time Andy S was in a TT against Cadel, over 40km, Vadel took him by 30 seconds.
Tomorrow is 42km and very rolling, so it's quite likely that Andy S will come out of it with a small lead.
Andy S has improved his ITT massively over the past couple of seasons. On that basis I think Cadel will not be able to get enough back to climb on to the top step, and the last day always ends in a sprintfest, so unless something very odd happens, leader at the start of the last day = win the TdF.

raindog

er.....
That was frickin' EPIC.

Haven't seen a Tour like this since pre EPO.

Great to see Rolland ride for himself at last after nursing Voeckler for days. Well done lad!
biggrin.gif

Evans to win the Tour at last.

Well, last time Andy S was in a TT against Cadel, over 40km, Vadel took him by 30 seconds.
Tomorrow is 42km and very rolling, so it's quite likely that Andy S will come out of it with a small lead.
Andy S has improved his ITT massively over the past couple of seasons. On that basis I think Cadel will not be able to get enough back to climb on to the top step, and the last day always ends in a sprintfest, so unless something very odd happens, leader at the start of the last day = win the TdF.

It's going to be close but Wiggins won this in the Dauphine so it may be rolling but it's not mountainous and we already saw Evans excelling in that terrain earlier in the race

That was frickin' EPIC.

Haven't seen a Tour like this since pre EPO.

Great to see Rolland ride for himself at last after nursing Voeckler for days. Well done lad!
biggrin.gif

Evans to win the Tour at last.

Echoes of the Lemond win?

Top Bottom