Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't know if this has been posted - it's a couple of days late, and tbh not terribly interesting. Cav's Blog

In fact, in a strange way, I’m looking forward to the next mountainous half of the Tour de France to “relax”. Not the legs of course, just the head. I’m looking forward to just suffering. No need to ride 200km with my fingers slightly contracted over my brake levers. No need to ride 200km with my elbow constantly touching someones hip. No need to ride 200km with Brian Holm telling us to stay at the front after we’ve just passed a roundabout on the wrong side and lost 60 positions.

The Couch

Über Member
"We have some real Alpine tests today, although we are in the Pyrenees" - Kirby, you wazzock
Did he wanted to make a joke about the shampoo, got the name confused and tried to finish it off as a joke about mountains? ;)

Hont

Guru
I must be alone in finding Tucker a reasoned and interesting writer. I have done so for a long time.
I have done so too. He has been very reasoned and stressed repeatedly how scientists should avoid dogma. Unfortunately he appears to have got his knickers in a twist over the reaction of Sky to the data loss and has abandoned a lot of these principles. He is suddenly so dogmatic that he's being compared on this very forum to Kimmage, of all people. He even posted calculated Watts values before we even had rider data which might have helped to calibrate these values. And all based on a single climb that the Tour has never been up before and that came at the end of a flat stage after a rest day. I'm pretty sure a scientist should not be drawing meaningful conclusions based on a single data set, especially one with no historical background.

I found his reaction to be very disappointing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What does that blocky little microphone symbol near the top left mean? It doesn't seem to match any aspect of itv or Eurosport coverage. Shall I check France2?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kwiatkowski in the break. He's had a very quiet tour so far, I'd hoped to see a bit more of him in the classics-y stages. A big mountains day doesn't strike me as a good day for him because he does have a tendency to fall to bits on the really big climbs.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What does that blocky little microphone symbol near the top left mean? It doesn't seem to match any aspect of itv or Eurosport coverage. Shall I check France2?
I think it means that a live interview is taking place, or commentary from a motorbike. We probably don't get that on our audio feeds.

Time to start recording the rest of the stage and go out on my bike! :hello:

The Couch

Über Member
It isn't likely to happen with Kwiatek and Preidler in his group and many even better climbers in the chasing group... but would be funny that Vanmarcke - who miserably failed in the RvV and PR, where he was among the top favourites - but would now win the "Pyreneen queen stage" :okay::becool:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Time to start recording the rest of the stage and go out on my bike! :hello:
This is the biggest problem of the Tour. Watch live or go ride or work now instead of later? If not live, I just leave it and wait for the itv4 highlights and podcasts and so on. Little important isn't covered somewhere. Most races, either live or highlights aren't options and podcasts are fewer and later.

Nice problem to have.

Top Bottom