Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think many teams were ready for the flat-out racing from the off. Lose a few metres and you lose touch. Most Tours have a cagey start with no risks taken. It just hasn't been like that, and Froome's attack today is strong evidence.

Teamwork to help get Laurens Ten Dam his supper
CJQbjuUWoAAxgJr.jpg

400bhp

Guru

Is the still in the race then? Eurosport flashed up he had abandoned.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So I won a couple of pints on Rodríguez today. I just thought he was perfect to pick out with that last climb. Although Froomes performance was immense too.

So with a pound or two of my winnings I'm going to try & pick out our stage 4 winner. I'm looking at the course now trying to see who it could suit the most but it's not as easy as guessing todays winner.

Perhaps Alexander Kristoff?

What are your thoughts?
This is what we have the Tour de France thread for... :whistle:

[Mod Edit for context]

Last edited by a moderator:

suzeworld

Veteran
As it is easy to get to as I live in the South East, I've been thinking about going to watch the final stage in Paris and making a bit of a weekend of it. Maybe go early Saturday and then come back home after the stage finish. So while it would be a weekend away, it would be a weekend away due to going to watch the finish if that makes sense.

So apart from the cost, do you think it would be a viable thing to do. Obviously getting there and back for a weekend is, so I mean from the point of being able to watch the end of the stage in a way that would be worthwhile?

If you want to be at the front of the ten deep crowds on the Champs Elysee you need to get there before the riders even set off from the Depart. Maybe even the night before? I dunno cos we didn't even entertain the idea!

However, we had a great time, just wandering around looking at the crowds / soaking up the amazing atmosphere and watching it all sat on some grass looking at the big screen near the finish line. We also heard Wiggo's success speech, even tho we could not see him .. my advice .. just do it!
x

Top Bottom