The Salford Sioux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nowt wrong with that. First one tastes like mongy spam, but after that, it's fine. I can remember being able to get spannered for a tenner and having money left f't chippy on the way home. Quality nights.
You must be a youngster then, I remember Holts at 59p a pint on the first night the Dukesgate opened in Little Hulton, a fiver would have done the job.
My first pint of Holts' was at 69p. Y'Old b******.
Holts was always cheaper. I remember 20p. Boddingtons was 22p. I used to frequent the Brass handles and the Flat iron.
I worked in Tesco on the precinct.
I think beer was about 15 p a pint when I started drinking in 1974. I remember that I could get the bus into town, get sloshed, buy curry sauce and chips after the pub, then catch the bus home, and still have change from £2! :thumbsup:

I think beer was about 15 p a pint when I started drinking in 1974.

Sounds about right, I seem to remember it being about 18p when I could first get served (age 14) in 1976.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 2623357, member: 1314"]Ryder does talk a lot about how much he hated students and their music.[/quote]
Yeah, I don't think we'd have got on ...

I was into my studies and only went out in Manchester 3 times in 3 years. I lived there from 1983 to 1986 and I hadn't even heard of The Haçienda when I left, despite living only 1 km away!

Top Bottom