The 'End Of An Era'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Wow.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know Sir Thomas and Lady Ingilby quite well. 🧐 I might give them a ring and ask how much they want for the place.🧐

7c6c1ff0-3563-11ef-b6d9-e13f185918e1.jpg

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I know Sir Thomas and Lady Ingilby quite well. 🧐 I might give them a ring and ask how much they want for the place.🧐

View attachment 735945

£1 and a promise to do it up

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 735945

I was up there for a grouse shoot last year. Sir Thomas was already complaining that he'd had to sell the Rangie and the only substitute he could afford was a lifted SJ410 with a Snorkel. Poor chap was most embarrassed.

Things have got so bad even Jacob Rees Mogg now only visits during the hours of darkness.

We used to go up to Ripley a lot, as there was an excellent ice-cream shop in the village

The (now) bridleway that runs past the bottom of the Castle, that crosses below the cascade was part of the York - Lancaster road up to the coming of the TurnPikes

Plus, if we drove there, via Harrogate, there was always a stop-off at the Harrogate Horseless Carriages showroom for a look round & a drool at their primary stock

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I was up there for a grouse shoot last year. Sir Thomas was already complaining that he'd had to sell the Rangie and the only substitute he could afford was a lifted SJ410 with a Snorkel. Poor chap was most embarrassed.

Things have got so bad even Jacob Rees Mogg now only visits during the hours of darkness.
I think Rees-Mogg can only ever go out at night. He can't cross running water or see himself in mirrors, either.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Adlington Hall and Estate a couple of miles from us in Cheshire was sold this year. It had been owned by the Legh family since the early 14th Century. Bought by a pension company.
I believe the latest generation weren't interested in taking on what is a full time job looking after grade 1 listed buildings and managing a pretty substantial estate.
The other hall owned by a different branch the same Legh family was Lyme Park which was given to the National Trust in the 1940's. It was used to film Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth.

Top Bottom