Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ender Pro 3 or something like that..
I've started doing something wrong, tetchy , wobbler throwing :laugh:
I've still to find a permanent place for it

View attachment 703144
Case I printed for bat detector
superb quality....tbf
View attachment 703145
Printed for my CubeSat LoRa board, snaps together nicely

Test piece that comes on SD card, I've made 3 of these
View attachment 703146
Just had a gander at the price, £240. They've(3D printers) come down a fair bit since I last looked at them.
What's tha dun?
Don't go throwing stuff, you might break summat, important, then what?

Sure you've shown that cat before, but it's the first time you've shown it all. I thought it were one of the stone variety. Until now anyway.
Motion sensor, and a barking sound effect needed now. Or LED's that get brighter as you get closer.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Just had a gander at the price, £240. They've(3D printers) come down a fair bit since I last looked at them.
What's tha dun?
Don't go throwing stuff, you might break summat, important, then what?

Sure you've shown that cat before, but it's the first time you've shown it all. I thought it were one of the stone variety. Until now anyway.
Motion sensor, and a barking sound effect needed now. Or LED's that get brighter as you get closer.

Cheaper on Amazon...
I almost bought the Neo as auto bed levelling could have been a boon but the glass bed kinda made me think..
auto bed levelling tbh is and would be a boon....
Think I fandangoed the magnetic sheet tbf..
I have a replacement, just trying to decide new home for it..
Off to chase lighthouses

classic33

Leg End Member
Cheaper on Amazon...
I almost bought the Neo as auto bed levelling could have been a boon but the glass bed kinda made me think..
auto bed levelling tbh is and would be a boon....
Think I fandangoed the magnetic sheet tbf..
I have a replacement, just trying to decide new home for it..
Off to chase lighthouses
That's where I got the price from.
You don't like fiddling with a spirit level and adjustable feet?
The same type of magnetic sheet they make taxi plates out off.
Where it's needed!
You'll have no trouble catching them, they can't run very fast. Is the lighthouse thing due to a lack of windmills near you.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
That's where I got the price from.
You don't like fiddling with a spirit level and adjustable feet?
The same type of magnetic sheet they make taxi plates out off.
Where it's needed!
You'll have no trouble catching them, they can't run very fast. Is the lighthouse thing due to a lack of windmills near you.

Use a sheet of paper, you tube it.....
they do recommend a feeler gauge...
I dunno 'bout taxi plates..
International Lighthouse Weekend on't radio....

classic33

Leg End Member
Use a sheet of paper, you tube it.....
they do recommend a feeler gauge...
I dunno 'bout taxi plates..
International Lighthouse Weekend on't radio....
Feeler gauge, it has to be that exact?
You know those name plates that you see on the side of taxis & private hire vehicles.
On the radio, they'll not get many there. You get many yet.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Feeler gauge, it has to be that exact?
You know those name plates that you see on the side of taxis & private hire vehicles.
On the radio, they'll not get many there. You get many yet.

I dunno, paper is supposed to be thicker..
I'm baffled now by it all..
I always wanted one, the money off voucher sold me on it..
I did have teething problem building it up but a better quality Allen key helped than the supplied on...
I'll get there someday...

6 so far, 3 POTA as well.
I'll have a look later and lighthouse thing runs all weekend.

classic33

Leg End Member
I dunno, paper is supposed to be thicker..
I'm baffled now by it all..
I always wanted one, the money off voucher sold me on it..
I did have teething problem building it up but a better quality Allen key helped than the supplied on...
I'll get there someday...

6 so far, 3 POTA as well.
I'll have a look later and lighthouse thing runs all weekend.
Paper is at the bottom end of a feeler gauge! You're starting to put me off the idea of buying one now. And like yerself, I've been pondering getting one, for a while. Put off by the price mostly.
Did you read the assembly manual before starting to put it all together. Or feel you've done enough flatpack furniture it'd be easy enough.
None of this "self assembly" stuff ever does what it says. You take it all out of the packing, leave it, and its still in the same place a day later.

We talking Trinity House light houses only.
Six today, how you getting round them all.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Paper is at the bottom end of a feeler gauge! You're starting to put me off the idea of buying one now. And like yerself, I've been pondering getting one, for a while. Put off by the price mostly.
Did you read the assembly manual before starting to put it all together. Or feel you've done enough flatpack furniture it'd be easy enough.
None of this "self assembly" stuff ever does what it says. You take it all out of the packing, leave it, and its still in the same place a day later.

We talking Trinity House light houses only.
Six today, how you getting round them all.

I followed some Canadian bloke on You Tube..
I got a set of allen keys but would advise using a decent set..
think worktop in the garage might be its new home...
Like I said, some advise using a sheet of paper to set the bed level but the techies say use a feeler gauge.....
Nah, world wide thing, all I got was a couple of Danish ones, Portuguese on, La belle France and a Deutschland Uber Alles one..
Not switching radio on tonight, had enough...

Off to catch the end of this baseball and log up....

classic33

Leg End Member
I followed some Canadian bloke on You Tube..
I got a set of allen keys but would advise using a decent set..
think worktop in the garage might be its new home...
Like I said, some advise using a sheet of paper to set the bed level but the techies say use a feeler gauge.....
Nah, world wide thing, all I got was a couple of Danish ones, Portuguese on, La belle France and a Deutschland Uber Alles one..
Not switching radio on tonight, had enough...

Off to catch the end of this baseball and log up....
Not decent assembly instructions. Exploded drawing with various screws/fixings going in various holes, holding Part A to Parts D and F.
Why can't they supply a decent set of correct tools to assemble their products. From the angle headed "screwdriver" to Allen keys that are just the wrong size for the job in hand. Cue much turning of the air blue.
Suppose whatever you print could end up lopsided if it weren't flat and level. Enough that you'd you notice?

Enjoy the game!
Hope your team doesn't do too bad.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Not decent assembly instructions. Exploded drawing with various screws/fixings going in various holes, holding Part A to Parts D and F.
Why can't they supply a decent set of correct tools to assemble their products. From the angle headed "screwdriver" to Allen keys that are just the wrong size for the job in hand. Cue much turning of the air blue.
Suppose whatever you print could end up lopsided if it weren't flat and level. Enough that you'd you notice?

Enjoy the game!
Hope your team doesn't do too bad.

I followed the Canadian bloke no problem..
just found the supplied allen keys pisspoor...

the bed has to be level as the print head (Z axis) would 'rub' I'd guess...
doesn't take much to level the bed, can't lock it in place (that I know of)
I might change the nozzle once I get round to using it again...
one hint I saw is handy, when 'slicing' move the object about your bed which keeps all the wear spread about.
Another ? read the comments of the intended job...
I did a case for another of those LoRa boards , this one was bigger and has a battery holder.
I printed the top part then the bottom part and noticed how it started at its widest then wondered how it filled in the bottom, obviously printing out and then it started laying the plastic across the gap, you wouldn't think it could do that.. impressive..
If I fix the bad detector mic thing, I'll just use wires to try fit everything in to the case I have even if I have to use blu tack....

Catching up on the Arctic Norway stage race...
remember watching it years ago and Carlton K mentioned you could hire eBikes at some place, I thought 'wow' I fancy that..
it would take about 12 hours to get there from Jockland...
nah, too long

This guy ( might be Canadian, I can't remember)

classic33

Leg End Member
I followed the Canadian bloke no problem..
just found the supplied allen keys pisspoor...

the bed has to be level as the print head (Z axis) would 'rub' I'd guess...
doesn't take much to level the bed, can't lock it in place (that I know of)
I might change the nozzle once I get round to using it again...
one hint I saw is handy, when 'slicing' move the object about your bed which keeps all the wear spread about.
Another ? read the comments of the intended job...
I did a case for another of those LoRa boards , this one was bigger and has a battery holder.
I printed the top part then the bottom part and noticed how it started at its widest then wondered how it filled in the bottom, obviously printing out and then it started laying the plastic across the gap, you wouldn't think it could do that.. impressive..
If I fix the bad detector mic thing, I'll just use wires to try fit everything in to the case I have even if I have to use blu tack....

Catching up on the Arctic Norway stage race...
remember watching it years ago and Carlton K mentioned you could hire eBikes at some place, I thought 'wow' I fancy that..
it would take about 12 hours to get there from Jockland...
nah, too long

This guy ( might be Canadian, I can't remember)

Doesn't sound Canadian, more from over here down south.
Pressed steel spanners, lip on one side from where they've been made. Just what you don't need assembling summat like that. Leaving scratches on it.
Can understand the paper bit now. Checking the nozzle against the bed, not as I thought for getting the printer level.
What's it like on the electricity consumption?
Blue tack, hi tech and low tech come together.
Can you imagine removing the finished item if it printed the face first, then the sides.

Is the 12 hours time on the hired e-bike or some other means of transport.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Doesn't sound Canadian, more from over here down south.
Pressed steel spanners, lip on one side from where they've been made. Just what you don't need assembling summat like that. Leaving scratches on it.
Can understand the paper bit now. Checking the nozzle against the bed, not as I thought for getting the printer level.
What's it like on the electricity consumption?
Blue tack, hi tech and low tech come together.
Can you imagine removing the finished item if it printed the face first, then the sides.

Is the 12 hours time on the hired e-bike or some other means of transport.

Okay, I might have got mixed up with someone else..
I'm youtubed out....
apparently not that expensive..
best google to check for yourself....

oh, one thing I didn't' do was wait until the bed had gone cold to take the printed item off....

no, it was flight and train times to get there...

classic33

Leg End Member
Okay, I might have got mixed up with someone else..
I'm youtubed out....
apparently not that expensive..
best google to check for yourself....

oh, one thing I didn't' do was wait until the bed had gone cold to take the printed item off....

no, it was flight and train times to get there...
You've overdosed on youtube!
I've tried asking in shops when I've made enquires, but they always seem to not hear the question being asked. So I've left at that point.

Burn yourself?

Thought you'd given some thought to hiring the e-bike, and then riding it home. Having already planned yer route home.

How much did yer team lose by.

Top Bottom