Tea? (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of a new bike, I've asked the friendly community for some suggestions in the hybrid section. So far I have one not very relevant answer. It's quite similar to here really, no sense at all. :laugh:
You mention the Sirrus. Nice bike. I have the female equivalent, the Vita and like it. I do get numb hands after a while though but easily remedied with some bar ends which I'll get at some point.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
You mention the Sirrus. Nice bike. I have the female equivalent, the Vita and like it. I do get numb hands after a while though but easily remedied with some bar ends which I'll get at some point.
Thanks Mo, some sense! In tea! Wonders never cease, etc,etc,!

Yeah, my mate Nige had his 'new' one, he drove on the day I was struggling to get my brakes degunked, replacement pads and re cabled so I borrowed his Sirrus for the day (I had helped him to choose it from the shop so wasn't surprised he was liking it..) He had it set up for a more upright sitting style than I like and was suffering with the V-Brake pad/rim wear with the gunk just as much. I liked the lightness after taking my heaviest bike but I don't think Spesh offer the best value when you look at getting a disc version new. I fancy a bit more beefy as well, more cross focussed than pure road. :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Yeah, my mate Nige had his 'new' one, he drove on the day I was struggling to get my brakes degunked, replacement pads and re cabled so I borrowed his Sirrus for the day (I had helped him to choose it from the shop so wasn't surprised he was liking it..) He had it set up for a more upright sitting style than I like and was suffering with the V-Brake pad/rim wear with the gunk just as much. I liked the lightness after taking my heaviest bike but I don't think Spesh offer the best value when you look at getting a disc version new. I fancy a bit more beefy as well, more cross focussed than pure road. :smile:
I know what you mean re Specialized and pricing. I was lucky when I got mine as it was reduced towards the end of the year. Just has v brakes though and discs would be nice but the disc version now does seem a tad overpriced. You could probably do worse than Halfords Carrera Subway when they have one of their numerous sales!

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I know what you mean re Specialized and pricing. I was lucky when I got mine as it was reduced towards the end of the year. Just has v brakes though and discs would be nice but the disc version now does seem a tad overpriced. You could probably do worse than Halfords Carrera Subway when they have one of their numerous sales!
My research today has thrown this Felt up, can't ride one locally though... I may have a look at a Whyte Cambridge too, there's a local stockist for those.. :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've just had a coffee too. Nothing on the box I fancy tonight.........very rarely is come to think of it. Cat is shouting at me. I presume she is getting hungry.

classic33

Leg End Member

There's always stephecs next bike to consider getting!

classic33

Leg End Member

Where did the tow bar problem get sorted out? Tea.
Memory card sorted? Tea.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of a new bike, I've asked the friendly community for some suggestions in the hybrid section. So far I have one not very relevant answer. It's quite similar to here really, no sense at all. :laugh:

If you have something in mind why don't you try to go and have a look at it, and see if there is any chance of a test ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom