Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Its gone quiet after the rush this morning!

Is the football on again tonight? If I disappear, its because my internet is playing up. It's still raining here. At least I have coffee.

MikeG

Guru
Busy time coming up then?
Yes, really busy.

I didn't realise that you have to insure a property from the moment you exchange contracts, rather than actually complete, and move in. That is the only reason we aren't exchanging tomorrow, as numpty here organises Buildings and Contents cover. Then I have to serve notice on the current owner, and put in a Planning Application, organise a plumber to install a bathroom (someone nicked all the plumbing in the house a few months back), buy and install a temporary kitchen, build a workshop..........and all of that on top of the normal moving stuff, like packing. We'll be in a B&B for a week, and I'll disappear off CC for some time as we'll be without computers, and internet connections etc.

I can't wait!! :smile:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes, really busy.

I didn't realise that you have to insure a property from the moment you exchange contracts, rather than actually complete, and move in. That is the only reason we aren't exchanging tomorrow, as numpty here organises Buildings and Contents cover. Then I have to serve notice on the current owner, and put in a Planning Application, organise a plumber to install a bathroom (someone nicked all the plumbing in the house a few months back), buy and install a temporary kitchen, build a workshop..........and all of that on top of the normal moving stuff, like packing. We'll be in a B&B for a week, and I'll disappear off CC for some time as we'll be without computers, and internet connections etc.

Congratulations Mike. Hope you have a great time. BETTER. TOMORROW? your mad man.

Blue

Squire
Yes, really busy.

Good luck with all of that :thumbsup:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I was sat in a puddle earlier today, trying to do my job. :thumbsdown:

MikeG

Guru
Good luck with all of that :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Once all that simple stuff is done, I've got an extension the size of the house to build, which we'll move into (probably next Jan/ Feb, I guess), then we strip the existing cottage back to its frame and rebuild it, before eventually knocking through. Oh, and there's a garage to build, and half an acre to landscape.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks!

Once all that simple stuff is done, I've got an extension the size of the house to build, which we'll move into (probably next Jan/ Feb, I guess), then we strip the existing cottage back to its frame and rebuild it, before eventually knocking through. Oh, and there's a garage to build, and half an acre to landscape.
The exercise will do you good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom