Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There were "seagull"s, I didn't lurk at Minehead though.

First train was pulled by D6575, train from Minehead to Dunster was pulled by GWR 7828 and the train from Blue Anchor to Bishops Lydiard was pulled by S&DJR 88 :becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
afternoon peeps
Evening

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Back from flat viewing in Hemel and in Braintree. The 2 bed flat we viewed on the edge on the inner link road in Norwich has now leaped to the top of the list.
The Hemel flat was ok, the hallway was tiny which is not a problem. You have to slide into the bathroom and then shut the door to access the loo as its soooo titchy, there is no window and its rather claustrophobic in there which was a total dealbreaker for me. Also the police arrived when we were there to discuss a spate of burglarys in the area as most of the little blocks have been robbed over the last couple of weeks was a bit off putting too. The front door looks like a temporary door too. A neighbour told us that it had been kicked in by some nare-do-wells very recently. Hmmm. Crossing the Hemel Hempstead flat off the list.

We hoped that the Braintree flat would be nicer so we drove around the M25, after a quick visit to Hubster's Sister en route. She lives 5 miles from Hemel so rude not to go and steal a cuppa and a biccy. We got to the Braintree street and it all looked OK and we went into the flat block without buzzing up as someone had smashed the console in :ohmy: and popped up a short flight of stairs to the flat itself with its battered, hanging off its hinges fire door. The flat opposite had bin bags and other rubbish piled up outside the door and it stank. Flies just everywhere and we nearly turned tail there and then but the lady (young girl really, couldn't have been above 19) came to the door as she'd heard the fire door opening. It did make a racket.
We didn't get to see the main bedroom except for a peep around the door as her and her husband had gone out and got slaughtered last night and he was still sleeping it off. The husband's daughter was there, a moody teenager who's boobs kept flopping out every time she leaned forward. Most disconcerting. Poor hubster just kept his eyes glued to the dogs. The decorative state of the flat was scruffy but its not a problem as a lick of paint can sort that out. A lot of the cupboard doors had been taken off and lost (yes, she used the word 'lost') during parties. The kitchen was gorgeous but there is more to a flat than a bloomin' kitchen. Lassie is really keen to move, she didn't say where her 2 year old son was but he wasn't there, staying with M-I-L no doubt as she did mention that M-I-L did some babysitting for her. She wants to make a fresh start and get away from her current batch of 'friends'. Nope. Not moving there either as I don't want her 'friends' coming round all the time only to have to tell them to go away as lassie has moved.
I'm sure she could do with a fresh start but I'm not swapping with her. Then, as we were leaving, the boy racers in there hot hatches started up and were charging up and down the quiet road and doing doughnuts in the car park. The step daughter told us that they do this all weekend and most evenings. Hmmmm.

Looking at a 1 bed in NR7 tomorrow but the 2 bedder in Norwich is top of the list right now.

stephec

Squire
Back from flat viewing in Hemel and in Braintree. The 2 bed flat we viewed on the edge on the inner link road in Norwich has now leaped to the top of the list.
The Hemel flat was ok, the hallway was tiny which is not a problem. You have to slide into the bathroom and then shut the door to access the loo as its soooo titchy, there is no window and its rather claustrophobic in there which was a total dealbreaker for me. Also the police arrived when we were there to discuss a spate of burglarys in the area as most of the little blocks have been robbed over the last couple of weeks was a bit off putting too. The front door looks like a temporary door too. A neighbour told us that it had been kicked in by some nare-do-wells very recently. Hmmm. Crossing the Hemel Hempstead flat off the list.

We hoped that the Braintree flat would be nicer so we drove around the M25, after a quick visit to Hubster's Sister en route. She lives 5 miles from Hemel so rude not to go and steal a cuppa and a biccy. We got to the Braintree street and it all looked OK and we went into the flat block without buzzing up as someone had smashed the console in :ohmy: and popped up a short flight of stairs to the flat itself with its battered, hanging off its hinges fire door. The flat opposite had bin bags and other rubbish piled up outside the door and it stank. Flies just everywhere and we nearly turned tail there and then but the lady (young girl really, couldn't have been above 19) came to the door as she'd heard the fire door opening. It did make a racket.
We didn't get to see the main bedroom except for a peep around the door as her and her husband had gone out and got slaughtered last night and he was still sleeping it off. The husband's daughter was there, a moody teenager who's boobs kept flopping out every time she leaned forward. Most disconcerting. Poor hubster just kept his eyes glued to the dogs. The decorative state of the flat was scruffy but its not a problem as a lick of paint can sort that out. A lot of the cupboard doors had been taken off and lost (yes, she used the word 'lost') during parties. The kitchen was gorgeous but there is more to a flat than a bloomin' kitchen. Lassie is really keen to move, she didn't say where her 2 year old son was but he wasn't there, staying with M-I-L no doubt as she did mention that M-I-L did some babysitting for her. She wants to make a fresh start and get away from her current batch of 'friends'. Nope. Not moving there either as I don't want her 'friends' coming round all the time only to have to tell them to go away as lassie has moved.
I'm sure she could do with a fresh start but I'm not swapping with her. Then, as we were leaving, the boy racers in there hot hatches started up and were charging up and down the quiet road and doing doughnuts in the car park. The step daughter told us that they do this all weekend and most evenings. Hmmmm.

Looking at a 1 bed in NR7 tomorrow but the 2 bedder in Norwich is top of the list right now.

I'm not surprised after today. :smile:
Any luck with Devon/Cornwall?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm not surprised after today. :smile:
Any luck with Devon/Cornwall?
Not a peep but I am not sure that I can bear to tear myself away from my guitar teacher at the mo. My half an hour lessons are a touch longer than that. We chat and put the world to rights after the lesson. It's really cathartic, for both of us really as we are both total hotheads with an 'artistic' temperaments. We seem to have a mutual therapeutic effect on one another currently.
We'd have been able to 'commute' back and forth once a fortnight from Essex. If something stonking comes up in Norwich I'll look, I'll also look Ipswich/Colchester way too.

In case you are wondering how long a 30 minute guitar lesson takes, we jam and chat for somewhere in the region of 2 - 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom