Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Dean Smith & Grace, lathe manufacturers. Still going.

Yes I saw they were bought out by and American company that went bump and then they were rescued by a UK company and still trade. The lathes were referred to as the Rolls Royce of lathes. Worked on one for a good many years, far better the Colchesters that never felt as sturdy.
I remember during the stay in Haworth we were told by the people running the course to stay drinking up there and best avoid Keighley at night. Many years ago, late 80's. I have tried google street view to try to find the hotel we stayed in, but can't really remember it. I remember the cobbled main street and there used to be a pub at the top of it. It was like out the Hovis advert, or was that the actual street used?

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes I saw they were bought out by and American company that went bump and then they were rescued by a UK company and still trade. The lathes were referred to as the Rolls Royce of lathes. Worked on one for a good many years, far better the Colchesters that never felt as sturdy.
I remember during the stay in Haworth we were told by the people running the course to stay drinking up there and best avoid Keighley at night. Many years ago, late 80's. I have tried google street view to try to find the hotel we stayed in, but can't really remember it. I remember the cobbled main street and there used to be a pub at the top of it. It was like out the Hovis advert, or was that the actual street used?
Drug capital of the area, amongst other things. Hebden Bridge has nothing on it.
Also the area for the most illegally held weapons. You risk being done for just looking at someone!

Boxford Lathes, 3/4 mile away, at one time and Binns and Berrys were considered the better lathes

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
994338_660287653994964_1336213420_n.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Still trying to get to sleep, @classic33, mate?
Hoping I'll just drop off, before the Dawn Chorus begins.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Morning all. I've been awake since 4am. A pigeon sitting on top of my open window cooing away made sure I didn't get back to sleep, and of course it is broad daylight from about 4.30. I didn't want to post on here in case I woke anyone in Tea-land up ;).
Ah you should have done. I often don't sleep well and am sitting twiddling my thumbs at stupid o clock.
Saying that, after my 30 miles yesterday I slept well lol
Actually I am still in bed but need to get up and wake the boy who is going to his dads soon, for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom