Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
There's M&M's? Where??
You wouldn't wanna know mate :eek:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Goodie Goodie Yum Yum (sorry, just sprang into my cranium)

Good morning La Rue :hello:

Any tips on Group Riding (does & don'ts & etiquette) ?

I will be doing this more this year & as i usually cycle solo need a bit of advice.

I might open a thread in cafe to see what i should avoid doing etc. :thumbsup:

I could make a suggestion which you and others may shoot down, but have you considered joining your local club. This will get you used to riding in a group if you aren't used to it.
I guess I am lucky in that the guys I ride with have all either raced in the past or still do to varying degrees now. They are all good riders and have great bike handling skills so it is easy to ride in the company of good riders.
Whilst I say easy, you must remember not to become complacent because a seconds lack of concentration can result in a very nasty accident. You need to remain calm and composed and always be aware of what is going on around you.
You take things for granted like pointing out potholes, or debris etc, the normal signs made to indicate parked cars, pedestrians etc. Even when the" car up" shout goes up (car behind), how to single out, inside man up first, outside man to drop in behind. It does become a 2nd nature thing with practice and can almost appear effortless when you watch it.
Often when I have done sportives a group may form, and you have quick fit guys in it, but it soon becomes apparent they have no group riding skills and are actually a menace and even a danger to others, and also they just rip a group apart rather than working together and sharing the work load to make it easier for everyone else.
Don't forget in a group you are expending much less energy and are getting towed along, but you must be prepared to do your shift when the time comes, before benefiting from the group again. :thumbsup:

Something to think about anyway :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
DANGEROUS comment on this thread.

I did say :laugh::rofl::rofl:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well, with all you blokes in here, have any of you got any electrical knowledge?

The room I am in at the moment has always been prone to blowing light bulbs. Last couple of times, went off with a bang and the fuse also went (old fuse box) Rewired the fuse and was ok again and tried not to use this light but put it on the other night. Bang again. Plunged into darkness, but this time repairing the fuse has only given me 3 lights.

Could it be the way the lighting is wired that the first 3 lights in the loop would work, but because this light fitting is probably goosed, the power may not be getting to the remaining lights?

An electrician that is doing work next door is going to pop in, but just wondered if my theory sounds correct?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Good advice & thanks @172traindriver
:thumbsup:

not that i understand inside/outside man but i guess that will happen.

I might consider a Club, but it would have to be a relaxed type club where they don't expect you to be out every Sunday & Thursday or whatever or force club kit on you etc.

I have invested a lot of money into quality clobber & don't fancy a club uniform.

Anyway, thanks again, something to think about as i don't want to upset more experienced types at Sportives etc. :thumbsup:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Well, with all you blokes in here, have any of you got any electrical knowledge?

The room I am in at the moment has always been prone to blowing light bulbs. Last couple of times, went off with a bang and the fuse also went (old fuse box) Rewired the fuse and was ok again and tried not to use this light but put it on the other night. Bang again. Plunged into darkness, but this time repairing the fuse has only given me 3 lights.

Could it be the way the lighting is wired that the first 3 lights in the loop would work, but because this light fitting is probably goosed, the power may not be getting to the remaining lights?

An electrician that is doing work next door is going to pop in, but just wondered if my theory sounds correct?

Sorry @Mo1959 I'm not an electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom