Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Morning WD :becool:

Looks a bit moist out there today:surrender:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Morning all.
What a morning. We've been clearing up poo, on and off, since midnight. The fireworks started in earnest then. The sleeping younger dogs woke and panicked like anything. Liquid poo everywhere. The fireworks didn't finish until about 12.45am. We were still cleaning at about 2am as every little noise sent the pup into a frenzy.
I've never known the others so twitchy, then again, this has been the loudest NYE for a few years for us. This is pup's second lot of fireworks and he handled fireworks night very well. I think that the next New Year will be spent in our caravan, somewhere really quiet. One of the downsides to moving closer to the city, I guess.

I have a nice cup of tea on the go. I do need to crack on with my accounts today as well. I have been really lazy about them. Obviously there is the New Year's Day bike ride to do in a bit plus at least half an hour of guitar practice. Busy busy day ahead. More tea first though.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@Saluki Happy New Year and sorry to hear about your poo problems. I am so fortunate to be blessed with a dog that never bats an eyelid at fireworks, gunshots, etc. I actually sat on a bench yesterday and watched a pheasant shoot and the guns were quite close. She was quite interested rather than scared. Mind you, I didn't get her from a pup and I suspect she may have had some gundog training as she has brought me a few pheasants back over the last few years!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all.
What a morning. We've been clearing up poo, on and off, since midnight. The fireworks started in earnest then. The sleeping younger dogs woke and panicked like anything. Liquid poo everywhere. The fireworks didn't finish until about 12.45am. We were still cleaning at about 2am as every little noise sent the pup into a frenzy.
I've never known the others so twitchy, then again, this has been the loudest NYE for a few years for us. This is pup's second lot of fireworks and he handled fireworks night very well. I think that the next New Year will be spent in our caravan, somewhere really quiet. One of the downsides to moving closer to the city, I guess.

I have a nice cup of tea on the go. I do need to crack on with my accounts today as well. I have been really lazy about them. Obviously there is the New Year's Day bike ride to do in a bit plus at least half an hour of guitar practice. Busy busy day ahead. More tea first though.

Morning saluki. Hope your dogs are all right today.

Saluki

Morning saluki. Hope your dogs are all right today.
They are all chilled out. Toffee the pup brought me a stick from the garden, it was the stick from a rocket firework. We've taken 14 sticks and ex fireworks to the bin so far this morning. They are all currently snoozing all over the sofa, it's like Dali does dogs here today.

Saluki

@Saluki Happy New Year and sorry to hear about your poo problems. I am so fortunate to be blessed with a dog that never bats an eyelid at fireworks, gunshots, etc. I actually sat on a bench yesterday and watched a pheasant shoot and the guns were quite close. She was quite interested rather than scared. Mind you, I didn't get her from a pup and I suspect she may have had some gundog training as she has brought me a few pheasants back over the last few years!
Our lot have been no bother in the past. The pup was freaked out and then the Greyhound started to have a bit of a panic because Toffee pup was panicking. Millie, our old PJR just slept through everything. The little JRT was fine, she went in her box and under her duvet. It was the 2 young hounds that were upset.

0lonerider

Veteran
woof! morning everyone,blame lidl for the fireworks !
we had a mad hour here too,police had the copter up for a hour?
its windy gray nd damp here so stayn put chilln with a cuppa or two.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Mrs WD and I have decided todays word of the day is 'moist'. So go forth and use it liberally!
Some examples....
"Her fruitcake is exceedingly moist'
"Isn't the weather somewhat moist today"
and my personal favourite...
"Sweetie, I'm feeling decidedly..." oh wait..... :biggrin:
Hiya SL...we will:thumbsup:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Our lot have been no bother in the past. The pup was freaked out and then the Greyhound started to have a bit of a panic because Toffee pup was panicking. Millie, our old PJR just slept through everything. The little JRT was fine, she went in her box and under her duvet. It was the 2 young hounds that were upset.
Bless.
My GSD doesn't bother much...he is a nervous boy outside and barks at the wind blowing, but when he's inside and it's noisy, he just lays at my feet, snoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom