Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
One teen is at school, one is at work and one is in bed.
Watching the Olympics and will sort laundry in between that...and tea...
Turn the electric off and say theres a power failure. Then whilst s/he does the sorting & is getting near the end of it, the power can come back.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have bought a blue-ray dvd player, so now I can watch all the movies my daughter has. It will save me buying them. My dvd player wasnt working that well. Its about time we got something for nothing from one of the kids at least. :laugh:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Some might say it was sprinting, although with the speed restrictions on the line it's more like an egg and spoon event.. :hello:
Rather like our railway connection to Chicago. Rock Island always claimed they did not have money to join Amtrak, and soldiered on until 1980 running private passenger rail as well as their freight service. Good service, just awful track. Our train was called the Rocket. More like George Stephensons' Rocket than any modern day one.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVaB0Pefh-o

Here's some shots, and the two car trainsets may be Peoria Rocket, especially with Independence as the lead unit. Note swaying at 2:55. We called that the Rock Island Milkshake.
Last shots, at about 7:00 plus, as I most remeber it. Double deckers and old heavyweight cars were used in Chicago commuter service, LaSalle Street Station to Joliet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom