Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
The town I currently live in has a population of about 3000 to 4000 people. There are several other towns nearby, one having a popular University. The university has free busing for anyone to use; routes hit many of these small towns including mine.
So The town I live in decided That they wanted their own buses. So they got a government grant for 4.2 million dollars So that they could buy buses. However, They decided that they couldn't just have any kind of bus, They had to have all electric buses. They also wanted to keep the busing free. So the city spends 4.2 million dollars On four electric buses, A special rapid charger, And operation costs ( I'm guessing about a year's worth), and hires several bus drivers.
So who is it that rides the buses here? Unemployed, lazy welfare recipients who like meth.
I'd like to point out that there are a lot of people who ride bicycles here. I'd also like to point out that most of the city speed limits are very high ( because it's rural) and we do not have any roads with shoulders.

I have absolutely nothing against the all electric buses, I think they're good, but I don't think this city realizes just how expensive maintaining a bus system is. Most cities with bussing systems barely break even. And quite a few Have a nasty deficit. I totally disagree with keeping the busing free. But I also think that money could have gone to something much More beneficial.
View attachment 37166
Apicture of the charging system when they were building it

What town is that where you live?

172traindriver

Legendary Member
One knocked off the list!

Sounds like you are starting Dragon baiting early :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Promise!!

Truth/Lies???

Status