Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oooh, crackling :hungry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
What jam are you making? We have had a glut of Crabbe apples . so loads of jelly.

So far I've made: blackberry and apple (jam and jelly), apple raisin and cinnamon jam, crabapple jelly (two different batches from different trees) nectarine and almond conserve (from fruit reduced in Morrisons), rosehip jelly, hawthorn jelly and an experimental crabapple and ginger jelly.

I have a cupboard full of jam! I'll be giving some away at Christmas. I plan to have a go at an apple and chilli jelly next.

Then there's chutney to master!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
So far I've made: blackberry and apple (jam and jelly), apple raisin and cinnamon jam, crabapple jelly (two different batches from different trees) nectarine and almond conserve (from fruit reduced in Morrisons), rosehip jelly, hawthorn jelly and an experimental crabapple and ginger jelly.

I have a cupboard full of jam! I'll be giving some away at Christmas. I plan to have a go at an apple and chilli jelly next.

Then there's chutney to master!

If you find banana's going reduced you should try Nana Chutney sounds vile but is really yummy!

I am firmly back now. See i got an extra day off work at short notice and what happens ?
I've just realised it makes no sense due to ignored posts. But I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!! :ph34r::thumbsdown:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
You're right that does sound vile!

Is there a recipe online at all? In spite of myself, I'm intrigued...

This one is quite nice

Banana Chutney

Description/Notes:

A very mild fruity chutney with just a hint of curry

Ingredients:

12 bananas

8 oz. (225g) stoned raisins

4 oz. (125g) currants

8 oz. (225g) sugar

2 oz. (50g) salt

half an ounce (12g) powdered cinnamon

1 oz. (25g) mild curry powder

1 pint (570ml) vinegar

Cooking Instructions:

Peel and slice the bananas, add them to the vinegar and boil until the consistency of porridge

Add the other fruit and spices and simmer for a further 15 minutes

Spoon into clean, warmed jars then seal and label

and this one with chili is also yum too

Ingredients

1.5 kg Banana
8 Large Serrano Chilies
400 ml Cider Vinegar
50 g Fresh Ginger
500 g Sultanas
500 g Dark Brown Muscovado Sugar

Peal and roughly mash the banana. Finely chop or blend the ginger and chili. Place bananas, ginger and chili in a large saucepan, then add the rest of the ingredients.

Stir well and then gently bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.

If needed use a potato masher to break up the bananas and then simmer again for a final 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and bottle in clean sterilised jars, seal immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom