Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

games-you-can-play-with-your-pussy.jpeg

No sniggering at tbe back please.

Last edited:

TVC

drummer-dicks-discharge1.jpeg

Now you made that joke up yourself.

Night Train

Maker of Things
:hello: Hello everyone! Hope you are all well.
Just thought I'd pop in as Arch has been telling you all about our day and some good advice has been offered.

Tethering is a tricky subject, I have T-Mobile Full Monty I got it before they started restricting what you can do so I got it with 2000 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data and with tethering, if you get that deal now tethering is extra and EE data packages in general dont seem to be very good.

If I was looking for a phone right now I would be having a look at the Nexus 5 that is due out any day now it is rumoured to have a spec similar to the Galaxy S4 but at about half the price and because it is a google phone it doesnt have any of the crapware installed, also a really good deal at the moment seems to be the Nexus 4 if you can find anyone with any as the price on the sim free had dropped like a stone with the new on due out any day now and of course with an android phone setting up a wifi hotspot for the laptop is dead easy as long as the package you choose has tethering.

I wouldnt touch a Nokia/Windows phone with a bargepole.
Thank you for that, Phil, I will take it on board and have a look at the Nexus 4/5 phones.

The issue for me is that my Sony is crap and doesn't talk to my laptop, the videos won't play on my laptop, transferring music and files via MediaGo takes 10 to 20 times longer then drag and drop. So I don't want another one with similar issues.

Google doesn't like me, two Google accounts to try and sort my phone out and neither account work. Even my Googlemail has a 3 month delay before in and out going mail arrives, so I don't use it any more. I am not keen on a Google phone that wants to tracks me, and monitors everything I do. I don't like that my current phone, when Google is signed in, will cross communicate my laptop and my phone and put stuff in my diary that I never entered and set up diaries on my laptop that then tries to sync with my phone.

So....
I want a very good camera and video with decent zoom and flash.
I want the video to be playable on Windows Media Player and also my Photobucket without the image being squashed or broken up.
I want drag and drop music to populate my phone memory card. If I have a lot of free data then I want to tether the phone (I have been told by the Phones4U chap that it would add £10 to the contract but the chap at EE yesterday said it wouldn't) otherwise I might as well just have a £5pm dongle, as I have now, for the laptop.
I want removable memory so that I can retrieve my images and video if the phone fails.

The contract I have been looking at today is the T-Mobile 500mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data for £11. If I can't tether then the 1gb of data is overkill.
I would rather pay for a phone outright instead of a phone on a contract as the additional cost over £11 would probably be more then the cost of the phone. Eg £21pm over 24 months for a Nokia 520 contract would mean £240 for a phone I can by for £115 and I would have only 100mins, 500 texts and 250gb data.
I'd rather not be with EE/Orange/T-Mobile but the £11 T-Mobile deal is rather good compared to the others.

I don't know if Nokia 625 is good, bad, or indifferent but it seems to offer what I am looking for, the desired bits of the 520 and 620, but at too much money, £230, at the moment. The 520 and 620 individually don't have what I want in the same phone.
Nokia are environmentally better then the other brands though. Apple are not at all good environmentally, nor for human rights AFAIK.

I can't afford the Fairphone when it comes out, as much as that seems like a good idea.

potsy

Rambler
:hello: Hello everyone! Hope you are all well.
Just thought I'd pop in as Arch has been telling you all about our day and some good advice has been offered.

Thank you for that, Phil, I will take it on board and have a look at the Nexus 4/5 phones.

The issue for me is that my Sony is crap and doesn't talk to my laptop, the videos won't play on my laptop, transferring music and files via MediaGo takes 10 to 20 times longer then drag and drop. So I don't want another one with similar issues.

Google doesn't like me, two Google accounts to try and sort my phone out and neither account work. Even my Googlemail has a 3 month delay before in and out going mail arrives, so I don't use it any more. I am not keen on a Google phone that wants to tracks me, and monitors everything I do. I don't like that my current phone, when Google is signed in, will cross communicate my laptop and my phone and put stuff in my diary that I never entered and set up diaries on my laptop that then tries to sync with my phone.

So....
I want a very good camera and video with decent zoom and flash.
I want the video to be playable on Windows Media Player and also my Photobucket without the image being squashed or broken up.
I want drag and drop music to populate my phone memory card. If I have a lot of free data then I want to tether the phone (I have been told by the Phones4U chap that it would add £10 to the contract but the chap at EE yesterday said it wouldn't) otherwise I might as well just have a £5pm dongle, as I have now, for the laptop.
I want removable memory so that I can retrieve my images and video if the phone fails.

The contract I have been looking at today is the T-Mobile 500mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data for £11. If I can't tether then the 1gb of data is overkill.
I would rather pay for a phone outright instead of a phone on a contract as the additional cost over £11 would probably be more then the cost of the phone. Eg £21pm over 24 months for a Nokia 520 contract would mean £240 for a phone I can by for £115 and I would have only 100mins, 500 texts and 250gb data.
I'd rather not be with EE/Orange/T-Mobile but the £11 T-Mobile deal is rather good compared to the others.

I don't know if Nokia 625 is good, bad, or indifferent but it seems to offer what I am looking for, the desired bits of the 520 and 620, but at too much money, £230, at the moment. The 520 and 620 individually don't have what I want in the same phone.
Nokia are environmentally better then the other brands though. Apple are not at all good environmentally, nor for human rights AFAIK.

I can't afford the Fairphone when it comes out, as much as that seems like a good idea.
Right @Speicher I think you can answer this one :thumbsup:

Evening NT, hope you get the phone you want, can't help with it really but I know my new one doesn't seem to talk to my laptop either.
Wanted to be able to just plug it in and drop pics/vids/music onto it but doesn't seem to be that simple unlike my previous simpler phone which did it no problem :scratch:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Evening NT, hope you get the phone you want, can't help with it really but I know my new one doesn't seem to talk to my laptop either.
Wanted to be able to just plug it in and drop pics/vids/music onto it but doesn't seem to be that simple unlike my previous simpler phone which did it no problem :scratch:
Yes, same here. I am thinking of just unlocking my old Sony W995 and then using that. The data would be a bit pointless, especially so without tethering, but at least the phone works properly and does what I wanted it to do without fuss. Even my old Sony C902 is still good and in daily use as my spare phone and music player!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi NT! :hello:

I know you don't like your Xperia phone anyway, but I don't know why you can't drag and drop to/from it. I just connect mine in Media Transfer mode and drag and drop to my heart's content. I don't use any extra software to do it. Look in Settings/Sony Ericsson/Connectivity/USB connection mode.

potsy

Rambler
All that good advice worn you out? :hello:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hi NT! :hello:

I know you don't like your Xperia phone anyway, but I don't know why you can't drag and drop to/from it. I just connect mine in Media Transfer mode and drag and drop to my heart's content. I don't use any extra software to do it. Look in Settings/Sony Ericsson/Connectivity/USB connection mode.
Hi Colin! :hello:

Well that worked! Thank you. :thumbsup:
Don't know why it wasn't working earlier. It did talk to my laptop before but stopped a couple of weeks ago.

I still can't drag and drop music though. I just tried it with a new album and although it dragged across, and shows up on the memory card, it doesn't appear on the phone and so can't be played.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've never tried listening to music on the phone. I just tried dragging a wma file over and was warned that the file type was unknown. I dragged the windows startup tune over instead (a wav file) and got a warning that it might not work, but it did!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Right @Speicher I think you can answer this one :thumbsup:

Try Dropbox or WiFi File Transfer @potsy you don't need wires to transfer files.

Dropbox syncs using a cloud server, so whatever is in your Dropbox folder on one device is available on all your devices.

WiFi File Transfer allows you to access your device using a Web browser and then you can copy files to/from your pc to the device over your WiFi network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom